Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Apr 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
On our first trip with free DDP we did a Garden Grocer delivery. We were totally unaware of how much food you actually got. I’m not saying it was wasted as we got a few basics and supplies and we didn’t have a car that first time. In subsequent trips we’ve gone to Walmart and grabbed a few bits but nothing too much. We are going to pop to Walmart again on our first day to grab bottles of water etc.

Edited at 07:09 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Honestly if you think you only need the odd thing and some milk, onsite shop maybe overpriced but definitely not worth spending the hiked up prices of an onsite food delivery. I know this from being in a moderate with the QSDP and then doing a large garden grocer shop for day of arrival thinking about my DGS and worrying about hydration and snacks. What a waste of money! Left loads for the staff at the end
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We are going to be ordering with instacart for when we arrive. We are first week in Disney, following 9 days on I-drive.
We’ve got 2 under 3s going, so we are packing to take with us-
Aldi fruit pouches
Breakfast cereals
Biscuits
Tea bags (as need a good cuppa in the morning)

Then just ordering some milk, fruit, beers, water from instacart this one delivery will be between 9 of us.
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
We are on DDP and still go to walmart. For things like water, crisps, cookies and pop as well as suncream and some toiletries.
Old 24 Apr 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Scottishmam View Post
Hi - where exactly is the gas station at Disney Springs. How big is it and how expensive is the beer and wine etc compared with Disney onsite shop?
At the Coca Cola shop end of Disney springs, near the bus stops, there is a footbridge that takes you over the road to the Speedway gas station. We got sweets to bring home, crisps, bud light (the orange bud light was not nice! ), milk etc.
Cant remember prices but a lot cheaper than the On site shop. Especially for alcohol. friendly staff. 1st time we got an Uber back to CBR for afew dollars. Second time we just got afew bits so crossed back over to the bus stops and back to CBR.

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

It dawned on me today not only will we have to think about any additional groceries but also cost hangers. I just cannot fit them in we are busting at the seams as it is!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Clarey101 View Post
At the Coca Cola shop end of Disney springs, near the bus stops, there is a footbridge that takes you over the road to the Speedway gas station. We got sweets to bring home, crisps, bud light (the orange bud light was not nice! ), milk etc.
Cant remember prices but a lot cheaper than the On site shop. Especially for alcohol. friendly staff. 1st time we got an Uber back to CBR for afew dollars. Second time we just got afew bits so crossed back over to the bus stops and back to CBR.
Great Thanks. We're going to POFQ and will probably go to Disney Springs on our first evening so we'll try and find it. Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
livlass
Excited about Disney

We will be getting a walmart delivery via Beth @fairytale shopper. Just some breakfast cereal, milk, water, beers and a few snacks. We dont have a car until we check out of disney & go on to our villa stay so anything we dont use will be taken with us.
livlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
First time onsite we did a GG shop and it was wayyyyy too expensive for what it was! Last year we stopped in Walmart when we were on the day to Disney from Universal and ds & I ran in while hubby and dd stayed in the car. I just got water, some fruit, some crisps and candy that ds wanted. Also some capri suns for the kids for when they didn't fancy anything from the refil station. Will do the same this year!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’d just get a Lyft to Walmart and get a few bits and some cheaper Disney t shirts
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List