Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

I use sunsense ultra SPF50+ it's an australian sunscreen and a bit pricey but it's recommended for sensitive skin and i'm one who tends to burn rather than tan and always gets prickly heat too, not with this, the benefits are you can get a big 500ml pump bottle to have in your room for everyone to get ready before going out then take a couple of the more compact roll-on bottles with you for top ups.

It's a sunscreen I trust and one I will always use from now on
Old 15 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We use ultrasun, best suncream I've ever used. As a pale skinned red head, I never thought I'd be able to go to Florida in August, apply this once and not get burnt!

The whole family use it now. We also bought coppertone sport in Walmart and loved how easy it was to use.

The only thing we did find is that when we were in the pool, my daughter's shoulders got burnt so we will be buying a different one for pool time 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JAF View Post
As another pale skinned, gingery haired, easily burned person have found the spray Banana Boat sport factor 100 is great and have now used it in a variety of very hot sunny and humid places and had no problems.
We use this too and don’t get burned with it. I’m ok with the factor 50 but DH could burn in the rain so uses the 100 - always buy it out there.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mclem View Post
Hi folks

We will be in Orlando in 45 days time (not that I'm counting!)

What type, brand, protection factor, after sun, etc do you use in the July heat, and I assume it's better to buy from somewhere like Walgreens when you get there? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers and brit-white - as they say!
We tend to buy the dry oil spray, calypso and Malibu if I remember right. I’m pretty white and fair haired and found that worked great for us.
I loved the way it’s not greasy like cream and leaves no residue on your skin. Excellent for men as it does stick to hair on legs and is quick to use.
It was great in the 30 degree September heat, and only applied it once and was ok.
Naturally everyone’s different, and this ones only 30, but they may do stronger if you need it.
fragrancedirect/ca...1&cgid=calypso

Edited at 07:57 AM.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dee_laah
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I use P20 and the Ultrasun products.
My hubby likes P20 spf15 in a spray. This can be bought in Savers for about £15 200ml, it can stain.
I have switched to Ultrasun 20 sport that I buy in 400ml that comes in a lg bottle with a pump.
I get Ultrasun 50 for my grandkids.
It's worth a Google search as the offers on Ultrasun can be fabulous.
Dee_laah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Another ginger here and I always go with Coppertone. I usually order it online and get it delivered to the resort. I usually go for the oil free one but it seems they have discontinued it, so will have to have a look nearer the time as to what's available. They have a huge range for all skin types. As always I'd go for the highest factor, certainly nothing under 30 regardless of what skin type I had.
Old 16 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dee_laah View Post
I use P20 and the Ultrasun products.
My hubby likes P20 spf15 in a spray. This can be bought in Savers for about £15 200ml, it can stain.
I have switched to Ultrasun 20 sport that I buy in 400ml that comes in a lg bottle with a pump.
I get Ultrasun 50 for my grandkids.
It's worth a Google search as the offers on Ultrasun can be fabulous.
how do you find the sports gel? my hub is wanting to try the factor 30 in this but isn't sure how it's like to apply etc...
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Last time we were in Florida we waited and bought some aerosol spray sunscreen, I cant remember what the make was but it worked a treat!

It wasn't greasy at all, was in loads of different factors and waterproof...also didn't stain like some others we used in the past.

Pretty sure we got it in Walgreens and was on a deal so we managed to get a few for a really good price which is great as my partner is far more prone to burning than I am so he needs a much higher factor.

Oh and the smell was delicious too!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
From a Dibb recommendation I've used P20 for the last three years. Only apply it once first thing and haven't got a suntan on any of my holidays as a result because it is that good.

However a few items of clothing now have permanent yellow stains on them because of it, plus it does really sting if it gets in the eyes. Perhaps I need to get some ultrasun and give that a go
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Always Ultrasun Sports 20 or 30 for us, we’ve been using it for many years on all our holidays including Florida, plus many sailing and diving holidays in the Caribbean, Greece and Turkey (so high sun exposure), and trust it completely. I wouldn’t use anything else. We did buy P20 once in an emergency but it stained our clothes so I’d never use it again.

Follow the instructions and apply it liberally first thing in the morning, half an hour before sun exposure, and obviously be sensible (12 hours in full sun would be very foolish!) No more applications needed, no matter how much time you spend in the water.

It has a strong smell (that goes away quickly) and it’s a clear, quite runny liquid so not like any other sun lotions we’ve used. It can be quite expensive so shop around and look for deals. The last time I checked you couldn’t buy it in the US so you'd probably need to take it with you. I usually work on the basis of about 100ml per person per week.

Whatever you do, don’t get it anywhere near your eyes! Been there, done that…
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian

Edited at 01:19 PM.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List