Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 May 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

Suggestions where to stay?

We have 2 weeks booked at CSR next year and I'm considering extending our trip at the beginning by a couple of nights and I'm thinking about DVC. I would love to stay a couple of nights at one of the following but they are all on my bucket list so I cant decide.

Polynesian
Beach Club
Bay Lake

It would be myself, DH and DD (18) Just fancied arriving in florida a couple of days earlier than planned and having a relaxing couple of days in a resort before hitting the parks, any preferences?
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've stayed in all three and love them all so I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever you choose. If you're not doing any parks then I'd probably pick either BLT or the Poly with BLT having the edge because you'd be able to use the Top of the World lounge and just stroll back to your room afterwards. Also you can wander over and use the pools at the Contemporary, plus the CS or restaurants, and the shops are good for a browse.

The Poly is lovely and relaxing if you stick to the DVC pool and the overall theming is great but the main pool can be quite busy and the lobby area is very noisy as there's loads of visitors / people eating in the restaurants.

Beach Club is another great resort and a good one for relaxing in but I'd only usually stay there for the walk into Epcot.

If you want to do something totally chilled away from the parks have you thought about Vero Beach?

Edited at 03:55 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I like all here, and you won’t be disappointed with any, but for me the Poly has the edge.

The rooms are bigger than other studios and the split bathroom suits our family.

The pool is good, and the food offerings are also good.

You can watch the MK fireworks at night and also the water pageant.

Parking at the DVC end of the parking lot is usually plentiful, and you are well connected to Epcot by monorail (via the TTC) and the MK.

We love the Poly and apart from there only being studios (no 1 or 2 beds) I struggle to find anything negative about the resort.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've only stayed at Beach Club and BLT out of those, and love them both, but they're both really about the theme parks they're so close to IMO.

There's no wrong choice there, any would be amazing, but personally for a resort few days, I'd be picking a resort that wasn't overlooking a park.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List