Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 May 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
I checked in a few weeks ago after we got the new drivers licence in the post - but I didn't complete skip the counter. I've tried to go back to do that today and I'm getting a "Your Name and/or your Email Address are not matching in our system"

So I can't print off my bar code - I've got my e-mail confirmation but there's nothing on that with a bar code.

Have I made a mistake somewhere along the line?
Seems there is a system problem and while I managed to complete the online check in - I can't get the skip the counter option to work as I can't log into the online check in at all.

I contacted Alamo by email about this and they've told me it's a case of having to go to the desk - because I prepaid (even when I did this via alamo brits). This a pain in the butt as the whole point of going with Alamo is to avoid the damn desk.

Update - Tried calling Alamo US direct to sort the problem. But they can't figure it out - something to do with my email not being filled in one of the fields. They kept saying I have to take my prepaid voucher to the desk no matter what, as I can't log into their online check in again.

Are they right I have to go to the desk if I havent filled in skip the counter - or can I chance it as I have given online check in details already and am armed with my reservation number?

Just wanting to avoid queuing for the desk as in previous trips it took forever.

Edited at 08:31 PM. Reason: Update following phone call
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Atch
New Poster (4)

Mobile Consumer Protection

Have a dispute with the company I booked our car rental who gave me false information on 2 occasions and now have advised differently and wondered if I could contact Consumer protection to advise if Company is responsible to oblige with information provided.
Would be grateful if anyone has any advise/contacts for consumer protection.
Atch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
Pleeeeeeease help me !

The print out I have as its mr online check in confirmation. It has a bar code at top.
Is that all I need? Do I just go to the garage or do I have to use the kiosk?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post

Now that you’ve completed the online check in, you’re good to go straight to the garage when you arrive. No need to visit the rental desk or use the self service kiosks. Just collect your bags, go downstairs one level and cross the road to the multi story garage and head to the Alamo booth. The staff will want to see a copy of your online check in print out so be sure to take that with you.

Once you’ve picked your vehicle from the category you’ve booked from, you’ll drive to the exit barrier. This is where you’ll need to show three things:
• Driving Licence Photocard
• Debit / Credit card in lead drivers name – Not a prepaid cashcard such as Revolut / Fair FX / Visa Electron.
• Rental Voucher. This is what you’ll have received when you paid the balance.
Hey, I’ve just received an email from Alamo (we fly tomorrow) and it says I’ve to go to the desk or kiosk. It also says in bold letters not to go directly to the car.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SUPERKEV
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I'm afraid there is no skip the counter at Sanford.
Is there still no STC at Sanford? Going in August, have done the OLCI and received the email from Alamo.
SUPERKEV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SUPERKEV View Post
Is there still no STC at Sanford? Going in August, have done the OLCI and received the email from Alamo.
Still have to go to the desk at Sanford
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Skip the counter when booked 3rd party!

We booked through Andys Discount Florida Car Hire. I was able to online check in but the email sent to me following that had no link to skip the counter. Andys confirmation email said we could do online check in then gave us a guide to using the kiosks on arrival at the airport so this also suggested we couldn't do STC.

Tried all the suggestions I could find here about keeping the online checkin open in one tab, and using a search engine in another tab but as soon as I would open it would have a red banner at the top saying 'you cannot skip any reservation stages'

Then I found this from early on in this the thread (2016)

So I opened my online checkin confirmation, change OCIview to bypass in the URL (web address) and BINGO!

Easily completed the card details and I now have my Skip The Counter ticket saying go straight to garage

A big thanks to whoever found and posted it back in June 2016 - Couldn't track the original OP as it was quoted from a quote where I found it.

Hopefully by posting it back up here it might help someone else too.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I've heard recent reports (maybe even back on this thread) that they put a hold on your credit card . Maybe $400 if you have a gold package through virgin but have a read back a few pages and I think it came up.
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by user2020 View Post
Is there any deposit for doing skip the counter with Alamo? If there is how much is it?
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I've heard recent reports (maybe even back on this thread) that they put a hold on your credit card . Maybe $400 if you have a gold package through virgin but have a read back a few pages and I think it came up.
I can only speak on recent experience of Alamo STC through Andy at DFCH.

Alamo take a hold of $1 on your card simply to test the validity and it falls off after a couple of days.

If you add fuel service at the barrier that cost will hit your account a couple of days after you return home.

If you use Sunpass that may take up to 4 weeks to hit your account and may even be in two or more transactions. It depends on when the toll authority invoice Alamo.

Mick
Old 16 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Hopefully by posting it back up here it might help someone else too.
THANK YOU!

I've been trying to complete my car booking all evening and just couldn't find any link to the Skip The Counter form. It is now completed & printed!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

just done online check in, all seemed to go fine but received this confirmation

Follow these steps when you arrive at Orlando International Airport (MCO)

Take the elevator down to the first level
Alamo is located in the middle of the first floor. Please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

which has confused me slightly as i thought this was to skip the counter or have i missed something ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List