Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 12

Day 12

I have lost my notes from this day forward . They were saved on my phone which now has a smashed screen and I can't access them. Ill do my best to finish the report based on memory

Today we were heading back to the Magic Kingdom and meeting up with our friends Jon and Lisa, their daughter Ceci, and Jon's sister Caitlin. I was excited to see Edith 7 Ceci together as last year when they met, Edith was only 13 weeks old.

We head to the park via Disney Springs and a bus, I think we walked to Saratoga again from memory. ON our way to DS, we spotted this car, check out that number plate

Once we were in the park, we message Jon and arranged to meet by Buzz which was where our first FP was for. We got there first but didn't have to wait long for them to arrive. We had a very quick hello / catch up before joining the queue for Buzz. It took about 5 minutes and soon we were riding. I know neither Aaron or I got anywhere near the 999,999 score but Jon managed it no problem. He knows all the high scoring targets.

We queued up to meet Buzz next as he is on of Ceci's favourites. Jon had a quick photo with him too

We rode people mover next and then head in the direction of Casey's where they all grabbed some food, we sat in the Tomorrow land Terrace while they ate, Aaron and I didn't have anything as hot dogs aren't our thing but Edith nabbed a few fries from someone. She also had her first taste of a gherkin thanks to Jon but swiftly spat it back out

After that we head over toward Pirates as we had a FP but stopped at Aloha Isle on the way for treats. We went for another pineapple upside down cake, while others had the Hei Hei cone. It was all yummy! We grabbed a spot to eat and let the girls play in the space outside the Tiki room. It was another incredible hot and muggy day and the love bugs were out in force & driving us all crazy!

It seems we spent too long relaxing as we missed out Pirates FP so we head into Pecos Bills so Aaron and I could grab some food. Jon decided a hot dog meal and an ice cream hadn't been filling enough so he got himself the 3 taco plate and Aaron and I got the same, going to town on the toppings bar again! We each had one pork, one chicken and one cauliflower.

Today seemed to be one of those days where we spent the whole day in the park but didn't get much done. On our walk through to Fantasyland where Lisa had moved our FP to Small World, Edith fell asleep so we stayed with her while the others rode.

Edith didn't stay asleep for long so we all head down to our newly discovered area near Dumbo and head into the character meet. Goodness, the cool air in here was appreciated by us all. It was such a lovely place to queue for the meets.

Edith got braver and braver with each character, she let Ceci take the lead and in the end was brave enough to go up to them on her own. It was the best! We got some fabulous photos too.

After this, we all decided to head out of the park, arranging to meet at Millers a bit later for dinner. We had a quick swim in the free hours and then head out to the restaurant.

I had the zinger chicken salad and Aaron had a burger. We also got Edith the kids mac and cheese as she had liked it so much last time. We also grabbed another free flatbread which managed to go between all 6 adults so that was a nice treat.

The girls each had a pudding and Aaron also ordered the Ghiradelli brownie. This one was $5.99 I think and at least double the size of the $15 from Disney Springs the other day.

Once finished, we all head back to our respective hotels with another meet up arranged for tomorrow at EPCOT.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh Edith and Ceci are so cute together, love the character meet photos!

And I am totally with Edith, gherkins are revolting!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some fab pictures (and I'm sure memories) of Edith and Ceci! Love how brave they were
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh how cute is Cici helping Edith warm up to the characters? So lovely.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh Edith and Ceci are so cute together, love the character meet photos!

And I am totally with Edith, gherkins are revolting!
They were really cute together!

I hate gherkins too, that was Jon being sure she would like them.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Some fab pictures (and I'm sure memories) of Edith and Ceci! Love how brave they were
It was really cute, I'm so glad Edith got braver with the characters

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh how cute is Cici helping Edith warm up to the characters? So lovely.
It was all very cute
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List