Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jun 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
Another great day! I'm intrigued to see how the International Gateway will change once the Skyline is open. I don't think it will as quiet as it usually is.

We met Baymax a couple of years ago and the interaction was brilliant. It was one of those meets and greets that I will always remember because I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm looking forward to the Illuminations replacement's as every time we have watched it - I've never been that impressed.
International gateway will never be the same again and to be honest - I think that is a sad thing
Not sure how it will impact on Yacht club/ Beach Blub / Boardwalk and other guests who have been able to enjoy that little way into Epcot that was so good

Baymax really did Josh a character interaction to behold, great to see when a character does not sign and the character really gets it

As for Illuminations

NOOOOOO!

Amazing show ( when seen at it's best, a number of years ago) the blowing out of the fires around Epcot and what happens after is with us forever.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fab day for you all. I've said it previously in my comments on your trip report but your writing style is fantastic. The fun, joy and love for your family jump from the page, its lovely to read. I also particularly liked seeing the photos of your boys with baymax and your words about growing out of it were quite poignant, my eldest is likely to be 14 when we next visit and I hope he'll still want to meet the characters, but appreciate that may not be the case.

I know you keep saying it but it really does mean a lot to me -thank you, I am just pleased it all makes sense!
Your description that I highlighted in your post really hit home , I am so proud that this comes across in what I type. THANK YOU x

As for the kids getting older

We never had a conversation about it, it just happened - they wanted to meet Baymax and sent to friends via WhatsApp as a 'wish you were here'

Don't be afraid of the lack of character meet and greets - time save to queue for rides !

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Baymax interaction seemed great, you can really see the joy on the boys faces. A last hurrah at Epcot, doing your favourite things. I don't think we've done the kidcot stops in a few years. But at least one of mine still wants to meet all the characters.

A beer and illuminations, perfect combination. We've not viewed it from bridge. One of my favourite spots is over by Germany or Italy, I much prefer a side view with lots of space than a view from Mexico with all the hassle of people around.
Thanks Abby,

The character thing just kind of caught up on us Not deliberate, but the boys just wanted to spend queue time for rides rather than characters. sign of the times!
The Baymax ears from the outlets were commented upon so much by CM's and others, you wonder why they were not selling them in the parks
The full video is around 5 mins long, amazing memories and just a reminder to eldest DS that he is never too old for a Disney hat and a bit a Disney magic too

Illuminations view is one of our go to places, we have shared two cruises and been parked under the UK/France bridge so a great place to reflect and remember on past memories

Italy has a great photo opportunity for photos

Can't be doing with the crowds around Mexico and Showcase Plaza either!

As always , appreciate your reading posting and hope we get the chance to meet on our next trips

Which reminds me - I have more days to post, and soon!

Old 24 Jun 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Baymax looked a fun meet
Your joy and sadness thoughts are spot on 👍
Thank you for that- the joy and sadness thoughts are a sign of time passing and to be honest it meant we got more rides done as a result.

We loved the Baymax interaction and it really brought something to the eye! Eldest son had a character moment that will remain within him forever
Thanks for such a great reply

Old 25 Jun 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Great report, I hope Baymax is still doing meets next year - we love him!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I have posted day 22 here

Old 13 Jul 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Magical evening in Epcot 💫 So heart warming to see the characters interacting with children of all ages. Your never too old for Disney

I’m ashamed to say year after year we’ve never seen The Voices of Liberty I need to make it a must do this year! I love how patriotic the Americans are, they take such pride in their country.

Perfect way to end the evening with Illuminations

Old 13 Jul 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Baymax photos are fab, I do love the selfies too! I’m pleased you had a more relaxed start to the day after your wonderful concert last night.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Lovely day. I do love Epcot, and that Baymax meet was priceless.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

What a fantastic interaction with Baymax 😍. The happiness in that moment is captured perfectly.

A great way to bid adieu.

I’m sure Disney have covered everything for the skyliners but it will be an almighty 🐓 up if they come a cropper in the extremes of weather afforded to Orlando.

Kbd xxxx
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List