Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok. I did C25K 2 years ago.
I have gradually increased my speed over 2 years.
During that time I've had sciatica and tore my calf muscle
I'm not fast but
I've got faster but found it hard to maintain it.
So decided to start C25K again.

First pic is week 2 run 1 two years ago.
The second pic is today's run week 2 run 1
Yep. C25k works

Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Does anyone use a app such as map my run while using the C25K app? I tried an under armour one but it didn’t work while listening to the C25K app.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Does anyone use a app such as map my run while using the C25K app? I tried an under armour one but it didn’t work while listening to the C25K app.
I use Strava to track my route/time/etc. I think it also has a safety thing so my DH can see my route and if I collapse or get kidnapped (irresistible in lycra 🤣🤣🤣 ).

I also have an app so I can listen to audio books.

So I have C25K, Strava, and overdrive all going at once with no issues xx

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I use Map my walk as it automatically syncs with MyFitnessPal. It didn’t register my run today though and I’m pretty sure my pace was the quickest I’ve ever done. Gutted! 😫 🏃 I’ve just completed week 7 and feel like I’ve really got it now, I look forward to my runs. Treated myself to some new running clothes and running shoes this week 😊
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
I use Strava to track my route/time/etc. I think it also has a safety thing so my DH can see my route and if I collapse or get kidnapped (irresistible in lycra 🤣🤣🤣 ).

I also have an app so I can listen to audio books.

So I have C25K, Strava, and overdrive all going at once with no issues xx
Thank you! I have just downloaded the Strava one to try on Monday. I normally have Spotify and C25K but the map my run didn’t register my run.
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I use Map my walk as it automatically syncs with MyFitnessPal. It didn’t register my run today though and I’m pretty sure my pace was the quickest I’ve ever done. Gutted! 😫 🏃 I’ve just completed week 7 and feel like I’ve really got it now, I look forward to my runs. Treated myself to some new running clothes and running shoes this week 😊
That’s a shame it didn’t track your run, that’s what happened to me. It said I ran across the road and back home again! 😂.
Sounds like you are doing great! I have just done run 2 of week 2. So far I’m enjoying it.
Old 28 Jun 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I use Mapmyrun and Fitbit - it's interesting comparing the difference distance and speed they record!
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I use Runkeeper and it’s been working well. I have Runkeeper, Amazon Music & C25K all going at once fine.

Have now completed week 4, run 2. Still can’t say I’m enjoying it as such but it’s certsinly easy to fit into a busy day and free!
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I've completed week 4. Next week's run 3 looks a big step up; one block of 20 mins.

To me this looks like quite a transition, but I don't feel too bad about it. I think a lot of it is to do with hearing others working through it and making progress.

Thanks Dibbers!

My week 9 is now scheduled for my first week in Florida. If all goes to plan I hope to run runs 1 and 2 in Fort Lauderdale and the final run on or near the Gulf Coast.
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

I graduated on Thursday and Sarah Milligan let off party poppers to celebrate! I'm going to increase my runs by 2 mins every week and have my race for life to keep training for. I felt such an achievement when I completed it.
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List