Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Wow, well done! I need 8 more ropes for Moana - I seem to be getting 3-4 every four hours, so hopefully I can welcome her by the morning. (And if not, I’ve got 50+ gems left after using up nearly my entire stash buying Hei Hei and Gramma Tala, so I’ll just skip the timer on rope quests and hopefully still make it.) Don’t want to risk leaving it until after work tomorrow though - would be cutting it too fine!

I’ll be so pleased if I can get all the way to Moana without paying any real money, but like you, I’m not worried about missing out on the comfy costume.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I’m nowhere near getting Moana, and the event finishes tomorrow some events seem to drag on and some finish too soon!
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

I need 4 more ropes but the drop rate has reduced, I was getting them from all characters but only half of them today. Hoping to get rest by end of today but not hopeful for comfy costume
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
I need 4 more ropes but the drop rate has reduced, I was getting them from all characters but only half of them today. Hoping to get rest by end of today but not hopeful for comfy costume
Got all four of my last drops, so four more to go. (Got one more lot finishing before bed.) Hopefully we’ll both get Moana before the event ends!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m not even going to get Maui!

I’ve literally played the game to death since the Moana launch, including spending hundreds of gems that I had stashed, although I’ve not spent any cash.

I need another 10 hooks for Maui, I have everything else, but there’s only 12 hours left and each hook task takes 6. I just wish they didn’t make it so hard - it’s a kids game at the end of the day!

The normal characters are so difficult to get too. I’ve been working on Wendy for months, as well as Sher Khan.

I can now welcome another POTC character, however I can only collect 1 of the items needed for her by paying £9.99 for another POTC package, as it’s the only way to get that character. I wish there was a way to say no thanks and therefore remove her from my task list as I’m not paying £10 for anyone!

I get they need to make money, but it’s so flipping difficult to even play the game anymore

X
Old 14 May 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Phew, I just welcomed Moana! So pleased!

Having said that, it does seem to confirm a theory I’ve had in previous events - that some players seem to get easy drops and others get none. Not in a random sense, but in a predictable pattern throughout the event. I’m usually in the low drop-rate group with no chance, since I won’t pay real money and have a job and real life. This event, I seem to have been one of the lucky ones and got drops from 95% of the quests I set off.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive just welcomed Moana, phew!
Old 14 May 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just welcomed Moana too.

No point trying for comfy as suspected so I’m focusing on moving other characters up levels 👍
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

No Moana for me, I just can’t commit the amount of time needed to finish the events. Still love the game though 😀
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I’m still playing too! I’ve been playing since day one and don’t mind paying for the odd bundle as a thank you for their work but refuse to pay £9.99.

I didn’t get Moana’s comfy costume but I’m missing a few of those so not too bothered. They seem fairly useless anyway.

The only character I’m missing is Grumpy which is annoying but I’m not paying to gamble on the legendary chests. Fingers crossed I’ll get him one day.

Like everyone I’m desperate for more land. It’s sooo frustrating not being able lay they park out properly. All my decorations are in storage along with about 6 buildings and a load of concessions. Really want them to open up Everest, it’s been tempting us for ages.
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List