Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 May 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

ours went down to the wire with about 30 days for each. The first one was taken with ROFR but as Yorkshire T says just keep your eyes open for another opportunity our second one went through. In total it took about 5 months.
Old 7 May 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As JasonHarry says, demand outstrips supply in renting. One caveat, this is at the moment, this could change in an economic downturn (could, not certain). You generally make 2x plus on a rental compared to what you pay on dues.
The last time I rented was three years ago when I got a contract with banked points I couldn’t use.
Got points in my account lunchtime, immediately contacted David’s, think I had 70% of the money in my Paypal (or whatever percentage he pays upfront) by 5pm.
Old 12 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Thanks JasonHarry, skstorm and YorkshireT for the advice, reassurance. and noting that the rental situation for points could potentially change in the future. If we get this contract we'd initially have some points to rent, as we would struggle to use them in time... however, DD and DH already considering how we could use all the other/future points. At the current rate of planning, we might even be at risk of contracting addonitis

I've not been on the Dibb for a few days (as I'd twisted my back and screentime wasn't helping it ) - turns out that's quite a good way to distract myself into not thinking about ROFR!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Thanks JasonHarry, skstorm and YorkshireT for the advice, reassurance. and noting that the rental situation for points could potentially change in the future. If we get this contract we'd initially have some points to rent, as we would struggle to use them in time... however, DD and DH already considering how we could use all the other/future points. At the current rate of planning, we might even be at risk of contracting addonitis

I've not been on the Dibb for a few days (as I'd twisted my back and screentime wasn't helping it ) - turns out that's quite a good way to distract myself into not thinking about ROFR!
Renting is ridiculously easy on David's and in fact if you could guarantee it would remain like that, it would make DVC an investment opportunity. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee this, so don't treat it as such.
I've said on here before- I last rented in 2016 when I bought an SSR resale contract with banked points (no ROFR, cost me 75 a point before renting, went through very quick- ah the days). I received the points at about lunchtime on a Friday. Sent an email to Daves immediately, had the cash in my account when I was in the pub that evening. Quite remarkable and I believe it is an even hotter rental market now.
Old 20 May 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Fantastically quickly - we have heard back that Mickey is not interested in taking our contract, so ROFR has been waived!
So much quicker than expected, only a little over 2 weeks.

Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Congratulations and Welcome Home
Old 21 May 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

wow thats quick! its not an international seller is it? Congratulations, welcome to the club!
Old 21 May 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Fantastically quickly - we have heard back that Mickey is not interested in taking our contract, so ROFR has been waived!
So much quicker than expected, only a little over 2 weeks.
Congratulations and welcome home, we love AKL, gorgeous resort

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Congratulations

We own at AKV as well and love it.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks everyone... feeling very excited to be part of the “club” and be welcomed home!
We have a “regular” holiday booked this summer though, so I think the DVC experience will properly start next year. It will be amazing visiting AKL this summer for a meal though knowing that we are owners there!

And no not international sellers, just bizarrely quick! We had a tough year last year (for various reasons), so hopefully this marks a change in our fortunes