Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 May 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Orlando City

Hi - my dh and ds (10) are thinking about going to watch a football (well soccer) game in July. Any advice on which area to buy tickets for? Would the supporter section behind the goals have the most atmosphere? It looks like standing there though so may be difficult for ds to see? Anywhere else in the ground have good atmosphere that is seated? Where and when is best to buy tickets? Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

The Supporters Section behind the north goal is a very rowdy but fun place to be, but it might not be ideal for children (lots of swearing, drinking, etc). The rest of the ground is fully seated and has great sightlines. The ideal position is in the main (west) stand, but, the upper sections of the east and south stands are equally good, and are also covered in case of rain. It is usually best to buy single-game tickets direct from the club here: ticketmaster/Orlando..._DROP_DOWN&CAM They are all evening kick--offs in July, so the sun setting over the west stand shouldn't be a problem.
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
The Supporters Section behind the north goal is a very rowdy but fun place to be, but it might not be ideal for children (lots of swearing, drinking, etc). The rest of the ground is fully seated and has great sightlines. The ideal position is in the main (west) stand, but, the upper sections of the east and south stands are equally good, and are also covered in case of rain. It is usually best to buy single-game tickets direct from the club here: ticketmaster/Orlando..._DROP_DOWN&CAM They are all evening kick--offs in July, so the sun setting over the west stand shouldn't be a problem.
Great thanks very much. My son has been to a lot of games in Scotland so could handle the swearing and rowdiness but if it’s standing then I would worry he’d be too short to see so a seat would probably be best. Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter and her boyfriend got tickets for the game last Saturday in the supporter section. They absolutely loved it - great atmosphere and lots of singing with safe standing. Orlando lost but no one seemed mind overly. They had a great time.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
This is a short video of my experience behind the goal >>> facebook/DarrenMcKay...46811/?__xts__

The standing has quite a rake to it - I really don't think not being able to see would be an issue. It's quite well spaced as well.

It's a lot more fun than most football I've been to - which must be a good 1,000 games in the UK, so I'd go there if you can.

I picked up my ticket from one of the resale sites for next to nothing.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 07:04 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

We are going to one in July but have booked seats behind the other goal. Looking at the video I think we have done the right thing, my son would love it but my 21 year old daughter wouldn't be impressed! We've booked through the link to Ticketmaster on the Orlando City site, very straight forward.
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Scottishmam View Post
Great thanks very much. My son has been to a lot of games in Scotland so could handle the swearing and rowdiness but if it’s standing then I would worry he’d be too short to see so a seat would probably be best. Thanks
If he’s been to games in Scotland he’ll be fine. My son laughed so hard at them singing...’ref you suck’...not quite what we sing at Celtic Park !

The standing section is really good and actually very entertaining. The folk at the front keep the singing going all game. They do let off smoke at the start and after goals so if that bothers youse then stand to the side away from it.
The standard isn’t great and bless them the fans aren’t yet very knowledgeable but they love there team. It is a good night out.
Also they tail gate at a pub nearby. It’s got a large grass area outside you can park on and they have games and stuff. They had paddling pools out one time we went. They then all march to the game. That’s fun to see too. I can’t remember the names of the pub though.
If I remember I’ll post it.

Edited at 07:46 PM.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
If he’s been to games in Scotland he’ll be fine. My son laughed so hard at them singing...’ref you suck’...not quite what we sing at Celtic Park !

The standing section is really good and actually very entertaining. The folk at the front keep the singing going all game. They do let off smoke at the start and after goals so if that bothers youse then stand to the side away from it.
The standard isn’t great and bless them the fans aren’t yet very knowledgeable but they love there team. It is a good night out.
Also they tail gate at a pub nearby. It’s got a large grass area outside you can park on and they have games and stuff. They had paddling pools out one time we went. They then all march to the game. That’s fun to see too. I can’t remember the names of the pub though.
If I remember I’ll post it.
The Broken Cauldron - great spot - fab beers from their microbrewery.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
The Broken Cauldron - great spot - fab beers from their microbrewery.
That’s it.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Great - Thanks everyone. It does look a great atmosphere in the standing section. I'm still not convinced that my 10 year old son would manage to see the game though. I'll let my husband decide. Thanks for sharing that video!