Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Ladies (probably!) do you have an eternity ring?

It's a special anniversary for us next year and DH was talking last night about starting to design and commision the eternity ring we always talked about.

I'm just in the process of having my late mum's rings remade so that I & my DD can wear them, I'm not a fan of putting things away for years on end, a piece of jewellery to me has history and meaning and I want it on me or one of my loved ones.

I just don't feel that I need to wear another ring, even a very fine one, I like the way my very classic style wedding & engagement ring sit & look together, my wedding ring is just 3mm wide so an eternity ring would impact on it, with my mum's ring on my other hand, I just feel it's enough. Less is always more I feel when it comes to these things.

Do you have one?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I don't but after 33 years of marriage DH bought me a beautiful Art Deco diamond ring and had a wedding band made to match it
Never had an engagement ring so well chuffed with that
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do but it needs resizing , dh had it made to fit around my wedding and engagement ring but arthritis in my fingers makes it had to wear now. We keep saying we will have it done but never get round to it
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Nothing like that for us as we’re not married (11 years in 🙄lol ) but I agree about old jewellery being worn my potential engagement ring is an old one from my dads side of the fam it has 3 diamonds and is platinum set, I love the history behind it
My friends think I should get a new one for when it’s time but we’re joint account anyway so it’ll be like buying my own ring 😂 sorry totally off topic lol x
Old 21 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Yes I do. DH bought it for me when we renewed our vows on our 30th wedding anniversary.

I searched a long time to find one that I thought would match my wedding and engagement rings. I do find now that I hardly ever wear my engagement ring just the eternity and wedding rings.
Old 21 May 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have one, my fingers too fat to wear it. I’m actually not that big I was just really slim before. Mines a row of diamonds x
Old 21 May 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

I have one.

But mine was used as my wedding band as I did not want an engagement ring and my husband wanted me to have a special wedding ring.

I also subscribe to the less is more. I could never wear two, much less three rings on one finger.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t have one. We also have a special anniversary next year (silver I think, I’m not sure which is which lol!) but not sure if I want one or not 🤔
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Doonhamer08
Excited about Disney

Doonhamer08's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes. It’s a slim band of diamonds and sapphires that sits between my (small) engagement ring and my wedding ring. I got it on the birth of my daughter, now 24!
Doonhamer08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Mobile

I have one we bought in Florida around our 30th anniversary because I never wore my engagement ring or my wedding ring. I changed my wedding ring at the same time. They were both white gold and I found out the hard way that I was allergic and they had sat in the safe for most of the 30 years.
paw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List