Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 May 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Manchester T1 Multi-storey availability

Hi all! Does anyone know if the T1 multi-storey car park at Manchester releases its availability in batches? So far, no search combinations that I have tried seem to offer this car park as an option. DH doesn't has never liked the idea of leaving car keys whilst we are away so would prefer the multi-storey. Any clues on what I might be missing would be appreciated before I end up having to call and book. (Speak to an actual person? Heaven forbid!)
Old 26 May 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Could you not use T2? We used that over Easter no probs.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Could you not use T2? We used that over Easter no probs.
I've not flown from Manchester before. Is there much between them, distance wise? The parking website seems to push for the terminal being flown from.
Old 26 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

T2 east is a few minutes nearer than T2 west, then once you are actually in T2 you walk through the departure hall, down the walkway past the Radisson and down into T1. Perfectly doable with wheely cases or trollies.

I never wanted to use meet and greet but was forced into it twice by the T2 refurb - i found the official airport service is excellent and I've booked again for June.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Car parking is a bit of a joke at Manchester Airport and has been since they started their transformation program. I have heard (although not seen with my own eyes) that they have closed the T1/T3 long stay car park and are pushing people towards M&G or worse the Jetparks. If you are going for two weeks then you should be able to get in to one of the T2 multistories easily. The east car park is the closest as that is opposite the terminal, the west car park is at the far end of the terminal and the website advises that it is a walk of 8 - 10 minutes although not done this one myself yet as it only opened in April.

As the other person has said, you can walk between the terminals using the Skywalk's so it is undercover too as the railway station is between T1 & T2 and the walk will probably be another 10 mins between the two.

Also you can pay £1 extra for cancellation protection so if you did book a T2 car park and then T1 became available you can cancel and receive a full refund (minus the £1 extra charge)
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
the west car park is at the far end of the terminal and the website advises that it is a walk of 8 - 10 minutes although not done this one myself yet as it only opened in April.
I picked someone up last week it's only 5 mins max
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

If I opted for the T2 multi-storey, does anyone know if the driver (ie DH!) could drop the rest of the family at T1 and then take the car to T2? I'm not averse to walking between the terminals but we will be a group of five with corresponding luggage!
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yes he can, but you would incur a £3 drop off fee at T1.

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yes he can, but you would incur a £3 drop off fee at T1.
Good to know. Thank you.