Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jun 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Adding to a booking

Think I am being dense

I have booked for next year and I am trying to add on two nights

If I go to the booking and I try to modify it the calendar only shows what I have booked and no farther

If I do a dummy new booking the last two nights are there
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m no help as I panic incase I modify and wipe out the whole booking 😱😂 i always phone member services

Someone will come along and help you

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Book the extra nights as a new booking then call MS and ask them to link them - or just phone them to extend the booking. If you do it yourself online you'll need to cancel and rebook the dates in their entirety, I always phone, much safer

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Are the dates actually active today? 11 months at your home Resort? I’ve modified and added, all online with no problem. Or, are you trying to book more nights that you are allowed at this time? E.g. 7 nights then one extra night per day.
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Are the dates actually active today? 11 months at your home Resort? I’ve modified and added, all online with no problem. Or, are you trying to book more nights that you are allowed at this time? E.g. 7 nights then one extra night per day.
Have you Caron? You're very brave I've never attempted it!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Have you Caron? You're very brave I've never attempted it!
Yes added a day at a time on for our stay at the Poly last month. It’s really easy.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Yes added a day at a time on for our stay at the Poly last month. It’s really easy.
How do you do it Caron without starting the whole booking again

With there being limited accessible villas I panic

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
How do you do it Caron without starting the whole booking again

With there being limited accessible villas I panic
Ali, from what I can remember...go to your booking and click Modify. It gives you different options and the final page gives you the option to cancel the modifications you’ve done, without cancelling the booking if it’s nit correct.

It really is easy and if I can do it, anybody can.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

As above. Go to modify, then select new dates in their entirety from start of stay to new end of stay and type of accommodation and resort and do a search. It will then show you if the booking for the whole period is availible. If it is, go ahead and it will ask you where the additional points are coming from if more than one contract and if you want to borrow if you don’t have enough current points. Go ahead then and confirm. As long as you are modifying your current booking and select all the nights you want each time then you cannot go wrong and lose the original and not book the new one.
One thing to be careful of is that when I did the modify the other week the check in and check out day selection was different on the calendar on modify than initial booking, you effectively picked one less day on the modify than you did on the original booking rather than check out day you picked the nights you were staying, slightly confusing bug, just make sure it says in the text above or below the calendar the correct days of check in and check out and don’t just rely on highlighting the calendar. So for example when initially booking and if you wanted to check out on the 26th you clicked on the calendar and highlighted say 20-26th. But when modifying when I did it last week and wanted to leave on 26th, I had to just selected to the 25th on the calendar, but the text confirmed the booking was to 26th as did the points- odd and confusing. They may have fixed it by now though.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you everyone

Managed to do it later on in the day... maybe a glitch ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List