Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jun 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
GlenF
Trying for More Ears

Alamo Brits Refund help

I recently booked a car via Alamo Brits, due to the condition of the car I received a discount when I returned the car.
I returned the car on the 14th May & was advised it would be credited back onto my C-Card in 5-7 working days.
I'm still waiting..

Looking at my receipt/booking form, the account/reservation is Strathhearn Publishing. Do I need to chase them or keep chasing Alamo?

Any help would be great..

Edited at 01:27 PM.
GlenF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would be chasing Alamo at MCO. However due to the fact it's nearly a year now I think you can say goodbye to the refund.
However nothing ventured nothing gained.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GlenF
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I would be chasing Alamo at MCO. However due to the fact it's nearly a year now I think you can say goodbye to the refund.
However nothing ventured nothing gained.
sorry Tom, meant May lol.
Have been emailing back & forth but getting nowhere..
GlenF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I would keep E Mailing every day until they got bored with me. However I am like a dog with a bone and wont give up.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Might be worth trying the credit card company on the basis that Alamo reduced the price of the car but haven’t adjusted the charge they put through into your card.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GlenF View Post
Looking at my receipt/booking form, the account/reservation is Strathhearn Publishing. Do I need to chase them or keep chasing Alamo?

that would be of no use chasing Strathhearn Publishing. They're the company behing the Brits Guide (you know, the guide we're all supposed to show the alamo agent at the gate, ROFL)

The transaction you concluded was between you, and Alamo, using a corportate code (permitted by the Brits Guide)

so you need to escalate this with alamo, and stand your ground.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Not good being wise after the event but this is why I ask for proof of 'the deal' whilst there.

Maybe 3 years ago I had issues with the car and the Manager offered me 20% off a future booking. No good to me as it's for the US Alamo website.

Instead I asked for a free tank of fuel on the next visit so he wrote and signed a note for me. After much prompting!

Plus he comped the fuel cost for the car I had returned.

Old 5 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
that would be of no use chasing Strathhearn Publishing. They're the company behing the Brits Guide (you know, the guide we're all supposed to show the alamo agent at the gate, ROFL)

The transaction you concluded was between you, and Alamo, using a corportate code (permitted by the Brits Guide)

so you need to escalate this with alamo, and stand your ground.
After the constant issues we've had with Alamo Brits bookings on the system with Alamo we won't bother with them in the future. I eventually got through to someone in the UK the other week to arrange for a refund for our cancellation after our flight plans were changed. He's sorted out a refund request which the "pre paid team" need to deal with - supposedly that's what you need to ask for in the UK to either speak to the Pre pay team or have someone process the refund request - we did that on Friday so hopefully it will show in the credit card by end of this week before we depart.

Of course to get to that point...

First tried to cancel online and got an error...

1. Called Alamo UK to cancel - was told it was a US booking UK can't handle it and to call USA
2. Called Alamo USA to cancel was told it was a prepaid and they don't deal with prepaid I should call the UK.
3. Called Alamo UK again was told because it was booked with Strathhearn Publishing I needed to speak to them. I told them that was impossible and that my booking was with Alamo not a book company. Was told to call USA again.
4. Called USA again told this time I needed to cancel with the MCO office.
5. Called MCO Office 4 times to figure out the combination to speak to a human. Human had no idea but eventually "cancelled" at their office for me but ... I needed to call UK to sort it completely as now it would be "released" on their system.
6. Called Alamo UK - was told I needed to speak to the "account department" only open 8am-5pm
7. Called the "accounts department" spoke to someone from Enterprise accounts She couldn't help me. Nothing in her system could deal with this. Suggested I call the credit card company and could I try Alamo UK one last time as "They are a different company to us". Which is bull... This was after I pointed out my contract was with Alamo NOT a publisher and my credit card statement said as much.

8. So one last time before calling credit card company called Alamo UK to confirm details before I did that ended up with someone who "has been with the company for a few years and knows what to do". We spent 10 minutes and he agreed that my contract was with Alamo not a publisher or anyone else - that because it was a pre paid voucher it has to be handled by the prepaid team but they don't face the public. So he and I worked over the refund request and now it's a case of fingers crossed (I did get a cc email of the request).

Thankfully I've got a note of all the times and who I spoke to for all the calls since they record them all. Might come in handy if we need to go to the credit card company - which will have to wait till I get back.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
Thankfully I've got a note of all the times and who I spoke to for all the calls since they record them all. Might come in handy if we need to go to the credit card company - which will have to wait till I get back.
Well over a week now since refund was requested, I have since emailed them in the meantime to ask for an update and heard nothing back. Not happy as this will be sitting on my card until we get back, but not keen to having to contact the card company regularly while away since we will be not using our normal number and that gets the card company concerned when it's not our main number.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
Well over a week now since refund was requested, I have since emailed them in the meantime to ask for an update and heard nothing back. Not happy as this will be sitting on my card until we get back, but not keen to having to contact the card company regularly while away since we will be not using our normal number and that gets the card company concerned when it's not our main number.
Send me an email and I'll get it sorted for you.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List