Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 18 Tues 21st May- Home :(

Today was the worst day of everyone’s holiday- check out day! We didn’t rush this morning and decided to pack today rather than waste precious honeymoon time. We took a few pictures of the room and checked out just after 11.00am. We had loved AKL and wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again- it definitely had a more relaxed casual feel compared to the other deluxe hotels.

We had planned to visit Animal Kingdom but then this changed to Disney Springs to use up our final 20 snack credits on something good and have a nice QS meal but then this changed to relaxing at the hotel in the sun. We decided to just have lunch at The Mara instead and got the Tamarind Pork Sandwich and Turkey and Avocado Sandwich with Kahlua Iced Coffee and a Mimosa. I also got a Mickey Rice Crispie treat.

It was soon time for the Magical Express so we tragically used our credits on sweets in the gift shop- I had told my Disney friends they could use any snack credits we had left but we didn’t make it back to Springs so they ended up with a few bags of Goofy! The ride to the airport and check-in was easy but security was really stressful. A family behind us had about eight kids with them and they were running wild- they kept picking up Brett’s Marvel case on the belt and touching my things and the parents said nothing. Brett had already gone through and set the machine off so was taken to one side and I didn’t fancy arguing with the parents with so many officers around. I went through and also got taken to one side and the lady said I was good it was just my bracelets showing as a shadow on the scanner. I gathered all our things together and waited for Brett- it turns out he was wearing his shorts too low and it showed up like he was concealing something in the back of his shorts. He said the officer was really funny and kept saying “dude pull your pants up or I’m going to have to go in”. They still couldn’t get the result they wanted so he did have to check his shorts. They were both laughing and the officer was having a good look at Brett’s tattoos too. We jumped on the monorail and Brett asked me where his Universal bag with Hulk in was- uh oh I must have left it behind with the stress of trying to keep the kids from hell grabbing my stuff. We got the monorail back and luckily it was with security- they inspected the box and gave it back to us. I would have felt awful if they had destroyed it.

We went to Bahama Breeze for a drink but there was a ten minute wait- Brett said that was fine he would nip to the toilet while I waited. Sods law meant I was seated straight away so I ordered a Strawberry Mojito. Brett appeared soon after and ordered himself the Rum Flight and decided he was peckish too so ordered the Chicken Quesadillas and Coconut Shrimp from the appetisers menu. I had drink envy when Brett’s mini cocktails arrived but he shared them with me- the food was also delicious and we definitely need to try the main one next time we are over.

Our flight was soon ready to board and we were one of the first ones on. I really was impressed by Premium Economy, getting on first and chilling with a glass of champagne while everyone else is boarding is the way forward. We set off on time again which was amazing. I had Vodka and Diet Coke and Brett had Cognac and Diet Coke to drink with our pretzels. One of the Air Stewards from our flight out was working and he remembered us and asked if we had a good wedding. The Flight Manager on this trip was just amazing as well and had memorised everyone’s name and addressed them personally when he was serving- little things that make the difference.

I watched A Star is Born while they served dinner- I don’t know why I watched this again when the first time upset me so much (I had no idea on the ending so it really shocked me and ruined what I thought was going to be a fairytale love story- the acting and singing from Gaga and Cooper is unbelievable though). To eat I had Sweet Chilli Chicken and Brett had Vietnamese Pork, with a red velvet cake for dessert and a glass of Amarula. It wasn’t bad at all for plane food.

We tried to sleep while listening to music but it wasn’t happening- the only downside to Premium is you can’t move the arm rest so I couldn’t lay on Brett to sleep. Time did seem to go fast and it was time for breakfast- I was gutted they no longer served the Full English but the Hazelnut Croissant was absolutely gorgeous, it was packed with the hazelnut filling and was enough for breakfast.

We landed smoothly and got straight off the plane again. Customs was absolutely packed with other flights. Brett went through the Non-EU line within a few minutes and headed off to start collecting the bags. We were sent all the way to the back of the queue which was miles away but I noticed they started letting the rest of the plane join the queue in the centre which was about 10 minutes away from the passport gates. There were a lot of angry passengers as most of us were Premium or Upper so had paid extra to be off the plane first yet they were sending Economy straight to the passport desks. After a long wait I got through and found Brett with 3 of the 4 suitcases. The final one soon appeared and we left to find our minibus driver, who was waiting in arrivals ready for us. It was cold and raining and we both wanted to be back in the sunshine. We got home and went straight to bed to chill out and watch TV- we had a week before we had to be back at work which was good as we have had the worst jet lag.

And that is the end of our magical journey. There are so many highs to pick from as something special happened to us every day, we were so lucky. Our wedding was just spectacular and I wouldn’t have done it any other way- it really was just what we wanted, all about the two of us, no having to please other people, nobody knowing about it and offering their opinion, no spending money on people we don’t see often, I wouldn’t have changed anything. The honeymoon was better than we could have ever imagined, I thought we might have cast members saying congratulations but all the pixie dust we got was just amazing and we are so grateful. If I had to pick one high that surpasses anything else from the whole experience, it would be how much Brett enjoyed it. I knew he would have a good time but I didn’t expect him to love it on the level that he did. He embraced everything and I think he was a big part of the reason that we had so many special experiences.The pictures and memories will last a lifetime.

So what is next? The plan was no holiday in 2020, try sneak a Disney cruise in 2021 and do the West Coast and Hawaii for Brett’s 40th in 2022. But I think that is all up in the air now. We probably can’t afford to go next year as much as we would love to but I think we are aiming to go back to Orlando in 2021 for our second anniversary- staying at AKL again if there is free dining. Watch this space!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
rosyhill
First POST

Mobile

I’ve loved reading your trip report. Congratulations on your wedding and married life together. Xx
rosyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rosyhill View Post
I’ve loved reading your trip report. Congratulations on your wedding and married life together. Xx
Thank you very much

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I read a lot of trips reports and never comment ( I don’t know why just like to lurk )
But I loved seeing you had put another one up each day 😀I loved your clothes and your wedding photos and how you both looked so incredibly happy in every photo .
Welcome back home and the start of your married life together.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Chilled out last day but really sorry that your trippie has come to an end as have enjoyed reading along. The fun and love you both have really shone through from what you wrote and your wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. You make a wonderful couple - loved the photos
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s been lovely reading your trip report and sharing your wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Thanks for taking the time to write it down.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Such a lovely report, really enjoyed it and glad you had such a fab honeymoon 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I read a lot of trips reports and never comment ( I don’t know why just like to lurk )
But I loved seeing you had put another one up each day 😀I loved your clothes and your wedding photos and how you both looked so incredibly happy in every photo .
Welcome back home and the start of your married life together.
Aw thank you for commenting we really did have the best time on both the honeymoon and the wedding day, memories that will last forever

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Chilled out last day but really sorry that your trippie has come to an end as have enjoyed reading along. The fun and love you both have really shone through from what you wrote and your wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing
We were sad to be coming home but couldnt have asked for a better wedding and honeymoon, we had a lot of fun, thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. You make a wonderful couple - loved the photos
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
It’s been lovely reading your trip report and sharing your wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Thanks for taking the time to write it down.
Thank you very much and it was lovely chatting to you at the gate on the way out

2021- London

Old 5 Jun 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Such a lovely report, really enjoyed it and glad you had such a fab honeymoon 🙂
Thank you, we really did have the most amazing time

2021- London