Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
We on the 11:15 to MCO - hopefully we will both be departing on time!

Oooooh us to! lol We are on the same flight!
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
Oooooh us to! lol We are on the same flight!
I very much hope to see you there! 😄😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not looking too good, here's a statement released last night by BALPA;

It is bitterly disappointing that despite two full days at ACAS we are still no further forward. BALPA tabled options for resolution but BA was not prepared to negotiate so there was no progress at all and no point continuing. Until BA changes its attitude there is little prospect of talks resuming.

Current ballot closes on 22nd July.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
really disappointing to read this today, it's completely taken the edge off the excitement of our holiday. cant find any real info online as to what we would be entitled to either in way of compensation if we had to rebook flights with other carriers at our expense. I know we would get the flight cost back but the flights have doubled in price since we booked ours, who covers that cost ? so frustrating
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
really disappointing to read this today, it's completely taken the edge off the excitement of our holiday. cant find any real info online as to what we would be entitled to either in way of compensation if we had to rebook flights with other carriers at our expense. I know we would get the flight cost back but the flights have doubled in price since we booked ours, who covers that cost ? so frustrating
Have a read of caa/Passengers/Res...cancellations/
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I am not involved in this at all, but wanted to wish all dibbers who are, the very best and my hope that every each one of you gets away and returns on time as planned.

Whilst it is taking the shine off the build up, it will make the holiday so much more rewarding when you get there.

Disney332
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I am not involved in this at all, but wanted to wish all dibbers who are, the very best and my hope that every each one of you gets away and returns on time as planned.

Whilst it is taking the shine off the build up, it will make the holiday so much more rewarding when you get there.

Disney332
This is very kind of you thank you. We booked this holiday 2 years ago just so we could afford to go away as a family and I am just devastated by this, broken down in tears so many times.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are flying out with Aer Lingus but home with BA from San Francisco on the 7th August. Assuming the strike goes ahead would we be re routed on an AA flight? They can’t leave us there surely, as tempting as that idea is!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

In previous strikes it has been the short haul flights which have been mainly affected rather than long haul.

There is little point worrying about it now (I know that is difficult) as it may never happen, and if it does your flights may not be affected, especially the long haul side. Connecting flights in the UK may be more of a risk, but they are potentially easier to work around.

They will already be working on contingency plans with their partners and looking at lease aircraft and crews.

Good luck to everyone flying BA and don't stress until you know if there is an issue for your flight. You can't influence that at all so try not to fret. Enjoy your holidays.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
This is very kind of you thank you. We booked this holiday 2 years ago just so we could afford to go away as a family and I am just devastated by this, broken down in tears so many times.
I was caught up in the cabin crew dispute a few years back and once was cancelled due to a Hurricane in Florida (early 2000s in Sept)

I feel your pain

Disney332

On the hurricane one, this is what happened...

We were due to fly from Glasgow but that was cancelled and we were given the chance to fly from Gatwick next day... booked an expensive eastjet flight that night, did hotel at lgw, got to check in,..checked it., got to departure lounge..Cancelled again.., went to landside...book even more expensice easyjet flight to Edinburgh..spend a week in Yorkshire!

Edited at 11:57 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List