Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzyj
Helping Mickey

Tui Flydrive Sanford International

I have just booked a very last minute trip next week with Tui Fly Drive. I have just checked in online and there doesn't appear to be a voucher or any paperwork to print off with regard to car hire part. Also there was no option regarding insurance cover and now I am very confused. Before I ring them up to discuss, has anyone experience this and have any advice for me? Thanks very much as not got a lot of time to sort this out. Also what is the best way to travel down from Sanford without having to pay tolls? Lizzy x
Port Orleans French Quarter - August 2017,Villa at Lake Wilson - August 2015, Villa at Providence - August 2013, Beach Club Hotel - August 2011, Yacht Club Hotel - August 2009, Villa at Windwood Bay - May 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2006, Villa at Windwood Bay - April 2005, Fly Drive - July 1996
lizzyj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
How spooky!

I was fiddling around a week ago looking at late deals even though I wasn't going to book one.
I fully loaded up a flydrive option, upgraded the seats to extra leg room and went into the extras/transfer tab. Nothing ref a car.

I think you are going to have to ring them.

As an aside I then priced up a flight only, added on extra legroom seats and paid for luggage and it worked out cheaper than a flydrive.

So in summary I have been no use to you whatsoever!
Give them a bell but bear in mind as you know the car will be uninsured.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can't help specifically because we've never booked a package with Tui but what I can say is you must seriously check with them what car insurance is included.

About a year ago a lady who'd booked a package with Tui came on here and didn't have CDW and only the "criminally" low SLI of $20k the state minimum. You should certainly be looking for CDW with no excess and $1m SLI (aka LIS and EP )

Tui wanted about £600 just to upgrade the insurance. With a bit of help from Mr Morrow and I she ditched the "free" car and hired from scratch from Andy at DFCH, fully insured, for around £300.

Any reason you want to avoid the tolls on 417? Basically yes you can via I-4 but there are serious roadworks in the Downtown area at present. 417 will maybe cost $8-9 in tolls but has possibly 20% of the traffic volume.

Mick

EDITED Tom you well beat me this time.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Unfortunately a flydrive with Tui is not usually a good buy as the car hire is basically useless. Our flights in September are £369 including free luggage, the flydrive price is £559 - so basically an extra £760 as there are 4 of us for a car - which as Tom says above, will have no insurance. I know as you have booked last minute you will have got a much better price, but I would ditch the car and just book with DFCH or Alamo Brits - I'm pretty sure it will work out cheaper. Our car hire for an intermediate SUV is £392 with Alamo Brits for 2 weeks.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 02:55 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzyj
Helping Mickey

I am now just thinking of forgetting the car and using uber. I don't intend to do a great deal of driving and think this will be my best option. If only I had read this before booking. Lesson learnt.
Port Orleans French Quarter - August 2017,Villa at Lake Wilson - August 2015, Villa at Providence - August 2013, Beach Club Hotel - August 2011, Yacht Club Hotel - August 2009, Villa at Windwood Bay - May 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2006, Villa at Windwood Bay - April 2005, Fly Drive - July 1996
lizzyj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lizzyj View Post
I am now just thinking of forgetting the car and using uber. I don't intend to do a great deal of driving and think this will be my best option. If only I had read this before booking. Lesson learnt.

Sorry but have Tui confirmed that the car is under-insured?

Can't help with Uber costs I'm afraid as I've never sat in one.

Although we hire a car every time because we tend to tour a lot I do appreciate that car hire just isn't cost effective if you're mainly staying on site with an occasional trip to the shops.

Mick

Edited at 04:03 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzyj View Post
It's quite a bit further out at Sanford, depending on where you are staying, I'm not sure whether Tui do transfers - would definitely be worth asking, and I'm sure would be cheaper than an Uber from Sanford. I always see a lot of buses when I'm walking to Alamo car hire. You could get car hire cheaper than I have paid, I just like something a little big bigger for the 4 of us.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 05:36 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Giny30
Gone all Goofy

We had a Flydrive with TUI back in 2007 to Sanford. We were told to report to the TUI/Thompson office just outside the arrivals. I had already found out that the insurance was minimal and was actually cheaper to book direct with Alamo with full insurance and better class than what it was to upgrade the insurance with TUI.
Giny30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Marsellas187
I have Ears

We had a TUI fly-drive from Sanford in 2017. We had pre-paid for the Gold Cover which was about an extra £350 for 2 weeks! When we arrived we had to visit the TUI office just outside the terminal with our booking confirmation, from there we got all of our documentation and they explained everything we needed to do to collect our car. Hope that helps.
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

These rip off 'fly drive' deals have been around since the dawn of time.
I just got a Tui flight only in August from Doncaster, booked the car with Virgin (SUV, was about £400 a fortnight all incl).
Xmas I have a flydrive via Virgin. I am staying at Disney and will not even bother picking up the car for that one.
First time I went to the States in 1991 I think it was, I got hit by the Insurance. That was a Flydrive with 'Tropical Rent a Car'. We were taken on a bus to a nearby hotel, where they dished out the cars in the car park. Got a lovely little Tracker Jeep.