Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If most people on your exchange are down, then that would sound like an Openreach issue affecting many BB suppliers, of which BT is only one. They will be relying on information given to them by Openreach which can be limited and other suppliers such as Sky etc will be in the same boat. Grass is not always greener when there is a common denominator.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
I have just had a month long nightmare with BT. Our WiFi has been dropping in and out so they tested the line and said no fault, must be the router (4 years old) we will send you a new one. Only no new one appears. I can see the order on my account but it gets stuck at awaiting dispatch. This has happened 4 times. Had a call with them yesterday and have now actually had a text about delivery from Royal Mail so fingers crossed the new one appears today. We are still to discuss compensation but I will definitely be looking for more than a free month. I work from home 2 days s week and have to connect to the office by VPN and haven't been able to do that at times. Also lost hours of computer simulations which haven't been able to download off of the server in the office. I have raised this issue with them each time I have spoken to them.
If you need a line for business, all companies will advise that you have a business line installed which then carries more weight with repair times and compensation.
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another day another complaint. They came fixed phone and BB got a email saying case manager will call you by 8 pm today . This was at 10 am after fixing both bb and phone waited in all day until 19:55 called Bt only to be told sorry not in office wil call you tommow just wasted a day what the 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Another day another complaint. They came fixed phone and BB got a email saying case manager will call you by 8 pm today . This was at 10 am after fixing both bb and phone waited in all day until 19:55 called Bt only to be told sorry not in office wil call you tommow just wasted a day what the 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Why would you have needed to wait in all day for them to call. The case manager is only going to discuss compensation with you. If your phone and broadband is fixed now then that will be all that is left to do.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
I have just had a month long nightmare with BT. Our WiFi has been dropping in and out so they tested the line and said no fault, must be the router (4 years old) we will send you a new one. Only no new one appears. I can see the order on my account but it gets stuck at awaiting dispatch. This has happened 4 times. Had a call with them yesterday and have now actually had a text about delivery from Royal Mail so fingers crossed the new one appears today. We are still to discuss compensation but I will definitely be looking for more than a free month. I work from home 2 days s week and have to connect to the office by VPN and haven't been able to do that at times. Also lost hours of computer simulations which haven't been able to download off of the server in the office. I have raised this issue with them each time I have spoken to them.
Sorry but if you have a residential line then they will not compensate for loss of working from home. You would only get that with a business line. They will have a set calculator for the number of days you are down for. It will be worked out based on what your package is.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Why would you have needed to wait in all day for them to call. The case manager is only going to discuss compensation with you. If your phone and broadband is fixed now then that will be all that is left to do.
Be curse I was waiting for them to call I had a email saying I world get a call before 8 pm I was so peed off with them on how I was treated I wanted to tell them what I thought when some one says they cakll you on a day and you don’t get the call shan’t you be mad.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Be curse I was waiting for them to call I had a email saying I world get a call before 8 pm I was so peed off with them on how I was treated I wanted to tell them what I thought when some one says they cakll you on a day and you don’t get the call shan’t you be mad.
No I agree. I’d be mad. But I wouldn’t wait in for a call. I’d then be more mad id wasted my day. Hope you got through to them in the end
Old 30 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
No I agree. I’d be mad. But I wouldn’t wait in for a call. I’d then be more mad id wasted my day. Hope you got through to them in the end
Hi yes but I had to call them when they did say that they made a few mistakes ie they should have called and lighting strikes you can not clam which was fine all sorted in the end thanks