Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 19, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dave7819
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Trip Report - Day 4 - Last minute holiday

Trip Report - Day 4 Tuesday 18th June - Last minute holiday

This morning we both woke at around 9am and eventually got out of the hotel around 10:30, we like a couple of coffees before we contemplate doing anything lol, once again had a dunkin donuts for breakfast and arrived into AK around 12:30.

Today our FP's were for kilamanjaro safari, Navi river adventure and everest again, we headed straight to the 1pm lion king show and it was as good as I'd remembered, really enjoy that show.
Safari was up next and it was really good, seeing most if not all of the animals you can including the lions and tigers.

We were then hit with thunderstorms all afternoon so had to take shelter for quite some time as they shut most of the rides during that time.

Our Everest FP was cancelled and we could either revisit Everest at any time or use it on a selected ride but flight of passage wasn't on that list, damn.

It was 3pm and our next FP was Navi river adventure at 7:45 - 8:45 and we had the cancelled Everest one, we thought whilst the weather's rubbish we might aswel get in line for flight of passage.

125 minute standby queue, we must be insane, no ride is worth that wait but we know it'll probably be another 10 year until we re-visit the parks so thought what else can we be doing?! We had done all rides apart from these 2 avatar ones.

The timing didn't lie and it was a 2 hour wait but did pass quite quickly, the ride was excellent and is up there with my favourites, was it worth a 2 hour wait, no! No ride is, were we glad we done it yes!

We then felt we had done all we could until our Navi FP was ready so we left the car at AK and used a Disney bus to take us to Epcot for a few hours, it didn't take long and we were in there about 5:45pm and done spaceship earth, finding Nemo and turtle talk with crush, we were still getting hit with thunderstorms so these indoor rides were handy to do, we also had a meal at electric umbrella in Epcot, I had pulled pork beef burger and wife had Angus beef burger, it was extortionate and tasteless, the burgers were barely warm and neither of us enjoyed them, this was the final straw for us and we decided we would take our own food in after today. We then left Epcot about 7:15 and waited 10 minutes for a bus back to AK.

We then headed back to Pandora for our last FP, Navi river adventure, by this time our expectations were pretty high as we'd rode flight of passage, unfortunately although it was cleverly done we were a bit underwhelmed by it, both glad we hadn't waited in standby for it which was 70 minutes, another one to tick off the list though.

It had stopped raining now so we had time to visit Everest again and use that cancelled FP from earlier, we do like that ride.

It was 8:50 so we headed to the seating area for rivers of light and there were still plenty of seats left, as soon as the show started the thunder and rain came down again, worse than ever before and people were leaving in mass, we just looked at eachother and laughed and stayed for the show, I think out of the thousands still there it was only the 2 of us not wearing a rain poncho, 2 stupid Brits soaked through to the core but we had a good laugh and it was still warm so a night to remember.

The show finished off a productive day and we can tick AK off the list for another decade or so but thoroughly enjoyed.

Rest day planned for tomorrow and MK Thursday.

Tips - if you have drove to a park and want to visit another for a few hours and return just use a Disney bus, I asked a cast member first and they said it's fine, it's not like you haven't paid for parking.

Be smart with your ride selection, sometimes my wife would ask if we should do a ride in standby queue even though we had a FP for it the next day, ERM no was my answer it's pointless! Go do something else or go visit another park for a couple of hours.

If your not in a rush to get home at the end of the rivers of light show just hang back for 10 minutes, let the hordes leave first, we seen allot of congestion in the pathways especially near the tree of life so just waited for it to clear a bit.
dave7819 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Really good trip reviewing. I’m enjoying reading along and some good tips too! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List