Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I am always hot on a plane but always carry a hoodie just in case. However, we flew Virgin to Atlanta a couple of years ago and can honestly say I have never been so cold in all my life. Everyone was wearing hoodie and coats and the crew ran out of extra blankets to give out. They said they had turned up the temperature but it seemed to get no warmer. Even DH, who will happily wear shorts in winter was freezing. Dd had brought her own blanket from home so gave her Virgin one to the two small children sat behind her as they were shivering. It was ridiculous and a few people were saying that they were going to complain about the crew as they were so dismissive and unhelpful.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Love your report on sea world - we are doing the same as you this year, no Disney or Universal. Just purchased the Seaworld/ Aquatica/Busch Gardens with free parking tickets, saving ourselves an eye watering amount! Kids still hinting they’d like a day or two at Disney but I hope we’ll be able to do with just a trip or two to Disney Springs. Already rethinking what I’m going to wear on the flight - definitely need socks rather than flip flops, by the sounds of things!
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Love your report on sea world - we are doing the same as you this year, no Disney or Universal. Just purchased the Seaworld/ Aquatica/Busch Gardens with free parking tickets, saving ourselves an eye watering amount! Kids still hinting they’d like a day or two at Disney but I hope we’ll be able to do with just a trip or two to Disney Springs. Already rethinking what I’m going to wear on the flight - definitely need socks rather than flip flops, by the sounds of things!
Thank you! You will enjoy three parks plenty to do! I could not justify price of Disney day tickets or Universal this time around and since we are going back next year I felt that it would be just over our budget.
We were in Aquatica today all day and when I say all day I mean ALL DAY! From opening at 9am till 7pm close! We had All day dining plan, I was very dubious regarding this thinking it won’t be worth it but oh my it definitely was! We had a meal on arrival after we grabbed ourselves seating at the shade near Roe Rapids. Meal for 3 was $68.00 if paying OOP. Every hour we had drinks mainly water and cookies 🍪 or cheesecake which was for 3 people $23.00 we had lunch again OOP would of been $62.00 and dinner just before park closed at $64.00 for 3 people my quick calculation of all receipts was $327.00 for 3 people. They don’t allow any food in Aquatica and couple in the bag check had to take back boxes of Pringles to their car and all straws were removed from cartons of their drinks. Point of note do not try to take any drinks with attached straws! On arrival all rides were no wait at all straight on and as the day went on some of the rides were getting a bit busy but longest wait was 20 minutes. Park was at a capacity by 1pm but there were still plenty of seats left. If planning Aquatica try to be there for opening so you can get a seats in the shade. Our dining plan was £96.00 for 3 adults pre purchased through American attraction tickets and in my opinion well worth it... plenty of food choice and if only getting water or coffee (yes they serve Starbucks) several times per day it is worth it. Would we eat three times if paying OOP no we would not but again we would not have stayed full day either if not for being able to get drinks and food when ever we wanted. Today we only spent $24.00 on a Goggles 🥽 for DS, he was complaining that his eyes were sore and we never brought a pair from home. It would of been cheaper getting them in Walmart but hey ho we live and learn.
Massive shout out to DFC Andy and to Dibbers that recommended following right on the exit from monorail at MCO! We booked Mid size SUV and got lovely looking Jeep Compass with only 500 miles on the clock (if I ever figure out how to attach photos I will) Mid size car line was full of Tucson, Jeep’s and few Nissan SUV’s we decided on American car in bright orange colour so we can recognise it when parked 😂. Today was again exceptionally hot day with temperature rising to 104F according to the digital screen in the park. We used 50 factor all day and we are all olive skin and DS have some redness on his shoulders 🙈. I’ve noticed that lifeguards were using 70+ factor which I’ll try and find tomorrow. We have no parks planned for tomorrow but rather easy day with some shopping and Vila day. Forecast is again for a very hot day may it continue. When ever we were leaving park we got Severe weather warning of thunderstorms and some rides were closing due to inclement weather (6:45) but up to now there is nothing in our area.
Till tomorrow x
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

On many flights I get cold then hot then cold
I always do lots of layers then can strip off if needed
Enjoy your holiday & the heat 😳😎I’m enjoying your mini report
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List