Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

There was a great piece on Springwatch the other week where a complete street made access for hedgehogs to go from one garden to another, put out food and things they could use to nest. Believe the population of hedgehogs increased dramatically over three or four years.
They also pointed out milk kills them and we should leave water.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a very hedgehog friendly garden since both our dogs have sadly passed on. Three regular visitors - hoping they may bring their young ones to visit us.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks guys, and as Sandra is local to me and has being killing them all with milk, it's no wonder I don't see them anymore!
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We are lucky to have a garden with lots of wildlife...probably because we are only one road away from a park.
Lots of different birds...Dave and Doreen two squirrels that come everyday...little field mice...lots of bees..but sadly never hedgehogs.
We all have the concrete bases for fences...not a problem for us to put a hole in but don't think everyone else would...it's a shame.
When we lived in France we would see loads of hedgehogs... especially baby ones.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thanks guys, and as Sandra is local to me and has being killing them all with milk, it's no wonder I don't see them anymore!
I thought this! Me and me brothers and sister probably wiped out the West London Hedgehog population all on our own!
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Milk gives them terrible v and d! Just make sure they are in MH’s garden when they explode!
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Milk gives them terrible v and d! Just make sure they are in MH’s garden when they explode!
We never ever found any evidence of this in the garden, it’s bit like giving Rabbits lettuce which is also a no no!
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We never ever found any evidence of this in the garden, it’s bit like giving Rabbits lettuce which is also a no no!
Peter Rabbit has a lot to answer for!
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I feel this thread is losing its serious point by people making a joke about Sandra murdering the west London hedgehog community!
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I feel this thread is losing its serious point by people making a joke about Sandra murdering the west London hedgehog community!
You Better get the hedgehog police to come arrest me!
I have visions of me in spikey handcuffs!