Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by spready View Post
Just as an update to all who may have the same issue. I have spoken to Disney and they have explained why my 60 days does not work. Because my ticket dates are from a date earlier than my hotel booking they do not qualify for 60 days. If i was to move them to the date of my hotel booking i would get 60 days. Very confusing and does not seem right but after holding for 30mins and then talking for a further 15mins i finally had the official answer albeit not the one i wanted. Hope it helps others in similar situation.
That really doesn't sound right, although admittedly I'm basing this on how I thought it worked.

I thought it was supposed to be a "60 day + length of stay" window - the window covers every day from today until the day you check out. Therefore, as it is now less than 60 days before you check in, you should be able to book fastpasses for tomorrow if you want.

That's how it works for offsite guests with the 30 day window. They can book any day from the current day to 30 days from today. They aren't limited to only being able to book fastpasses on day 30; they can book fastpasses on day 29, day 21, day 14, day 7, etc (whether they will be able to actually use those fastpasses is another thing!).

Weird.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

You can only book at 60 days for the 18th and 19th August (check in and out day). As you are visiting the parks on 13 -16th you won't be a Disney Resort guest at that time so the 30 day rule will apply for those dates.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
spready
Excited about Disney

spready's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you. Just to confirm here is the official response from Disney

With a Walt Disney World® resort stay you are welcome to book FastPass+ 60 days in advance of for your check-in and check-out days with valid park tickets based on the hotel details. Since you mentioned in your email that your resort stay was different than your park days you will want to change the dates of your tickets to match your hotel dates to be able to secure the FastPass+ at the 60 day window.

Since your park tickets are valid to be used from 8/13-8/16 which is outside of your hotel travel dates your FastPass+ window will not be open at the 60 day booking window based on your hotel dates of travel.
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by spready View Post
Thank you. Just to confirm here is the official response from Disney

With a Walt Disney World® resort stay you are welcome to book FastPass+ 60 days in advance of for your check-in and check-out days with valid park tickets based on the hotel details. Since you mentioned in your email that your resort stay was different than your park days you will want to change the dates of your tickets to match your hotel dates to be able to secure the FastPass+ at the 60 day window.

Since your park tickets are valid to be used from 8/13-8/16 which is outside of your hotel travel dates your FastPass+ window will not be open at the 60 day booking window based on your hotel dates of travel.
The pedantic part of me* wants to reply to Disney to tell them it's not a "60 day window" if it only covers the 2 days that you're staying onsite. Instead, that's a 2 day window that begins up to 60 days from now.

I do wish they'd get their terminology correct.

(*this makes up the majority of me)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That really doesn't sound right, although admittedly I'm basing this on how I thought it worked.

I thought it was supposed to be a "60 day + length of stay" window - the window covers every day from today until the day you check out. Therefore, as it is now less than 60 days before you check in, you should be able to book fastpasses for tomorrow if you want.

That's how it works for offsite guests with the 30 day window. They can book any day from the current day to 30 days from today. They aren't limited to only being able to book fastpasses on day 30; they can book fastpasses on day 29, day 21, day 14, day 7, etc (whether they will be able to actually use those fastpasses is another thing!).

Weird.
I think it sounds right and also seems very clear. OP doesn't have tickets during his onsite stay so they cannot book 60 day FPs, as you need to hold tickets in order to book FPs. As they are not onsite at the time of their dated tickets, then they can only book at 30 days because they are offsite.

I have a hotel booking for September, but if I wanted to go to the park in August when I don't have a hotel, I would not be able to book at 60 days out just because I have a future hotel booking.

OP out of interest, why did you book your onsite hotel on different dates to the tickets?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think it sounds right and also seems very clear.
For me, as mentioned earlier, it's more about the use of the phrase "60 day window".

A "60 day window" is a period of time that covers 60 days and allows you to do the same thing within each of those 60 days. So if their 60 day window has now opened up, then the OP should be allowed to book fastpasses on any one of the 60 days.

Offsite guests who have a 30 day window can book fastpasses on any day between today and 30 days from today. So, for example, they can book fastpasses 24 days from the current day when their 30 day window opens up. That's the correct use of "X day window".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 28 Jun 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
spready
Excited about Disney

spready's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think it sounds right and also seems very clear. OP doesn't have tickets during his onsite stay so they cannot book 60 day FPs, as you need to hold tickets in order to book FPs. As they are not onsite at the time of their dated tickets, then they can only book at 30 days because they are offsite.

I have a hotel booking for September, but if I wanted to go to the park in August when I don't have a hotel, I would not be able to book at 60 days out just because I have a future hotel booking.

OP out of interest, why did you book your onsite hotel on different dates to the tickets?
Hi

All a bit last minute. Kids like surprises so we booked a one night stay at Disney Port Orleans Riverside. There are 5 of us and is our favorite disney hotel. Kids know about tickets but not hotel. Idea is to spend all day at hotel and get some disney magic so moving dates doesn't work for us. In a villa before this and then Universal afterwards. All in all these are the only dates we have planned for disney tickets. If i was aware of this beforehand would have planned differently.
Old 28 Jun 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I apologise, I didn’t realise you had the US dated tickets and a UK booked hotel reservation. Good news is you still can get most FP at good times at 30 days out. For SDMT, SD and FOP do them at either rope drop or at park closing time 🙂 And at least you will be able to relax and enjoy POR.
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List