Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My DD who is 6 is obsessed like us and is always excited about going to Disney. We first took her at 18 months and this year will be her 5th visit. She’s been counting the days for months and watching ride videos and you tube videos. I’m so glad she loves it as much as we do and how much I loved it as a little girl.
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
no1Disneyfan86
VIP Dibber

My daughter is almost 3 and every morning she gets up and says "Are we going to Disney today?"

Only 1 more week to go baby girl!
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by no1Disneyfan86 View Post
My daughter is almost 3 and every morning she gets up and says "Are we going to Disney today?"

Only 1 more week to go baby girl!
I'm so jealous!

The conversation with my DS yesterday went "DS - When are we going to Thomasland", I replied "What about Disneyland, it's bigger, and magical" his reply "Oh no no no, I don't want Mickey or Disneyland, I don't like it there, just Thomasland"
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

We took DS when he was 2.5, he has been back a number of times over the years... he is now 12 and still dislikes it so the answer might be never!

DD is marginally better (she is 7) she enjoyed and says "I would love to go back, but I would love to go other places too" so she seems rather indifferent about it all

When we said we were going back to Florida this summer DS said "do you mean Florida... or Disney, Universal and Orlando" said with a bit of a depressed look on his face, we said "no, not going anywhere near Orlando, Bit of atlantic coast and then all gulf coast" his face lit up, massive smile, fist pump with "YES...I CAN'T WAIT" - DD just said "Do I get my own pool or do I have to share with strangers" we said we had a villa and so she was also as happy as a pig in muck

Odd Children I have... but it saves us a fortune that's for sure!

Edited at 12:22 PM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I actually believe that it is more the adults than the children who ‘get Disney’ .
Mine liked it when they were not big enough for the larger rides elsewhere. As soon as they reached 54inches (137cm), then that was it. Every time that we go, we allow a vote of 1st 2nd and 3rd preference on Disney 14, Univeral 14 with a night in HRH and DC ultimates. Every time Disney comes 3rd with all 4 of us and we therefore buy the other 2.
My boys never got Disney, particularly the older legacy stuff and to be honest, nor did I. I grew up on Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo and stuff. None of us have seen more than the first 3 Star Wars and we found the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff disappointing.

If my family wanted it, then we would go there. We never tried to sell it to them, leaving them to make up their own minds.

I think that as the years pass, Disney, particularly the legacy stuff will become increasingly irrelevant. Trends change..

Edited at 12:32 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I actually believe that it is more the adults than the children who ‘get Disney’ .
Mine liked it when they were not big enough for the larger rides elsewhere. As soon as they reached 54inches (137cm), then that was it. Every time that we go, we allow a vote of 1st 2nd and 3rd preference on Disney 14, Univeral 14 with a night in HRH and DC ultimates. Every time Disney comes 3rd with all 4 of us and we therefore buy the other 2.
My boys never got Disney, particularly the older legacy stuff and to be honest, nor did I. I grew up on Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo and stuff. None of us have seen more than the first 3 Star Wars and we found the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff disappointing.

If my family wanted it, then we would go there. We never tried to sell it to them, leaving them to make up their own minds.

I think that as the years pass, Disney, particularly the legacy stuff will become increasingly irrelevant. Trends change..
In years to come that will be the same for us as DD is already an adrenaline junkie for coasters at 6 year old.

Next time we’ll be spending more time at universal and we’ll all go to Busch gardens rather than just me.

Magic kingdom I think will always be the first and last park we visit on any holiday, for sentimental reasons, but we won’t spend nearly as much time there as we currently do.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like we were lucky as we first took DD aged 4 and she absolutely loved it! Still remembers almost everything now she is 7 and is excited to go back, although she thinks that will be when she is about 9 and not actually in just under 7 weeks..
😂😂😂👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My kids only go to Disney because I want to! They’re really not overly bothered by anything there. Sure they like the rides, but as for the characters etc the they’ve never really been bothered & would quite happily go to Florida and not step foot in a Disney park. They’re 13 & 11 now and this October will be the last Disney trip for a while, we gave them the option of Florida next year or 2 weeks in the canaries and they opted for the canaries and want to go to California on the next US trip. It’s definetly more of an adult thing in this house!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List