Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 20 Feb 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The4ofus
a Friend of the DIBB

Sorry to hijack but if I were to book a nights stay at RPR would I get
FOLP for both the day of check in and day of check out? I have noticed it states check in at 4pm so we would be able to check in, and therefore collect passes - go to the park and then return to the hotel later for room allocation?
The4ofus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by thepopos View Post
How quiet is quiet?

I've been to Disney on days that people consider quiet and still seen SDMT at 140 minutes and SM at 120 minutes.

The hotel is about an extra £140 over what we'd be paying for a hotel that night. So would you recommend just staying in a normal hotel and getting tickets?
How many of you are going? If 2 or more then staying at RPR or similar makes sense. The FOLP ( Unlimited Express ) if bought on its own cost circa $89 each per day i.e. £ 71 and remember you'll get them for TWO days with a one night stay, so each one is worth around £140. No brainer imho...

As to Universal being slow... the Orlando Informer says slow and with average waits of circa 30 minutes. Each to his own, but I get zero pleasure out of standing in a queue... :angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
thepopos
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
How many of you are going? If 2 or more then staying at RPR or similar makes sense. The FOLP ( Unlimited Express ) if bought on its own cost circa $89 each per day i.e. £ 71 and remember you'll get them for TWO days with a one night stay, so each one is worth around £140. No brainer imho...

As to Universal being slow... the Orlando Informer says slow and with average waits of circa 30 minutes. Each to his own, but I get zero pleasure out of standing in a queue... :angry:
There will be 4 of us.

I think we'll do it as I'd like to do universal in 2 days so that it leaves the rest of the trip for Disney. 30 minutes a ride soon adds up and I wouldn't want to leave thinking we'd forgotten something.

Thanks.
thepopos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The4ofus View Post
Sorry to hijack but if I were to book a nights stay at RPR would I get
FOLP for both the day of check in and day of check out? I have noticed it states check in at 4pm so we would be able to check in, and therefore collect passes - go to the park and then return to the hotel later for room allocation?

Yes. You can check in at 7am but you will not get your room until later. Get your FOLP at the booths which can be used that morning and for the day you check out. Its pretty much standard practice for those only doing a one night stay.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've stayed at a couple of onsite hotels at Universal and for me, HRH is the best. I like to have a break in the middle of the day and the 10 minute walk back to HRH made it a perfect choice for me.
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I wouldn't visit Universal without an overnight stay!

Why would it cost you £1k?

W are staying one night at RPR for £200 for 4 of us.
Old 27 Feb 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
thepopos
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
I wouldn't visit Universal without an overnight stay!

Why would it cost you £1k?

W are staying one night at RPR for £200 for 4 of us.
Hard Rock is £290 for our dates (RPR is £250). 2 day base tickets are around £620 (2a+2c).
thepopos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thepopos View Post
Thanks.

Is it FOLP that you get for HRH? I thought I'd read that it was Unlimited Express.

Is there a big difference between the two?

We've never done Universal before!
The FOLP pass you get from HRH (and Portofino and RPR) is the Unlimited Express Pass as opposed to the one entry only for each ride on the standard Express Pass.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List