Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 15, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Wow! That's got to be worth it then! I'm i right in thinking you just paid tips on top for TS? Is tax included in the DDP. Sorry all new to this!
Yes, the tax is included. You pay tips on the amount before tax and both are shown on the bill. They also show you the 18% and 20% amounts on the bill, but you can leave more or less depending on how happy/unhappy you were with the service.

Our tips in 2014 came to $262.50 and we always tipped 18-20%. So, the $200 gift card covered most of them We did have 2 meals where the tip is included though - Cinderella's Royal Table and Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

Just a quick note on Planet Hollywood - they worked out the tip on the price including tax, so just double check if you're planning on eating there.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was just reading a thread about takeaways and it got me thinking about listing places that do takeaway and items you could save for a non-Disney day. I know Wolfgang Pucks Express at the Marketplace does takeaway and I'm thinking Earl of Sandwich and Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches to save for another day. Anyone have any experience of takeaways/taking DDP food to other parks?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
QS places at HS aren't great IMO. My personal favourite is Staring Rolls as I love the turkey sandwich they do there and the dessert range is excellent. I can get my favourite fruit tart there. A QS meals is a sandwich, packet of crisps or piece of fruit, choice of cake/pastry/Danish and a drink. So, DH and I usually get ours from there and then wander down to the food area opposite Beauty and the Beast/Fantasmic to get the children their meal. You've got Fairfax fare, Catalina Eddies and Rosies All American Diner there. Normally just a pizza for DS and the half roast chicken for DD or if they're not too hungry, then the share the half roast chicken.
we go to staring rolls every year and never noticed/realised they did sandwiches we just love the big chocolate danish's , my husband will be a very happy man if that's his desert
We can never get a table in there though, they need more seating, I love looking at all the books while my husbands buys the danish's
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
we go to staring rolls every year and never noticed/realised they did sandwiches we just love the big chocolate danish's , my husband will be a very happy man if that's his desert
We can never get a table in there though, they need more seating, I love looking at all the books while my husbands buys the danish's
Mmmmmmmm now I think I am going crazy I have just googled starring rolls and it has seating outside and pictures of sandwiches. Who knows where we have been going for the past few years! It's near sci fi dinner place on the corner, avlittlevplace with danish's and cup cakes, a couple of high tables and chairs and lots of books... I am so confused now lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Are you getting Starring Rolls mixed up with the Writers Stop? Starring Rolls is tiny - no space for books. There's no seating inside, but a bit outside. That's why we normally wander down to the area opposite Beauty and the Beast.

disneyfoodblog/2010/0...-rolls-bakery/

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Are you getting Starring Rolls mixed up with the Writers Stop? Starring Rolls is tiny - no space for books. There's no seating inside, but a bit outside. That's why we normally wander down to the area opposite Beauty and the Beast.

disneyfoodblog/2010/0...-rolls-bakery/

I am in fits of laughter here , this is what you get for 'assuming' for the last 3 years we have gone to what we thought was staring rolls because I saw on the dibb that the cup cakes are amazing! Our friends went to Florida last year and we told them to go to starring rolls and get the chocolate Danish! When they came home they said they went but had sandwich and cup cake which I thought was odd as we had not seen sandwiches in there!
But we have NEVER been to starring rolls! It is writers stop, I have just looked on picturs on Google I had never even heard of 'writers stop' ! I can't wait until my husband gets in because he also thinks this is starring rolls!
So where about a in HS is starring rolls? How have I missed that, we have been 8 times in total
Just goes to show the importance of 'DIBB'
Old 27 Apr 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I am in fits of laughter here , this is what you get for 'assuming' for the last 3 years we have gone to what we thought was staring rolls because I saw on the dibb that the cup cakes are amazing! Our friends went to Florida last year and we told them to go to starring rolls and get the chocolate Danish! When they came home they said they went but had sandwich and cup cake which I thought was odd as we had not seen sandwiches in there!
But we have NEVER been to starring rolls! It is writers stop, I have just looked on picturs on Google I had never even heard of 'writers stop' ! I can't wait until my husband gets in because he also thinks this is starring rolls!
So where about a in HS is starring rolls? How have I missed that, we have been 8 times in total
Just goes to show the importance of 'DIBB'
How funny Starring Rolls is on the corner of the street that you walk down to get to Beauty & the Beast. TOT etc. It's a bit hidden behind plants and is a bit lower than street level, so easy to miss. Have a look at that Disney Food Blog link I posted before as there are loads of pictures of the food on it
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starring Rolls.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	60893

Old 27 Apr 15, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Can you have a toffee apple / chocolate Apple etc as one of your snacks?
Old 27 Apr 15, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Hmm, not sure. I can't see the snack credit sign on the photo, so it would suggest not.

The fruit tart is my favourite. The pastry is lined with chocolate too

This is what my lunch from there normally looks like, but the trats are bigger, like in the first picture

Old 27 Apr 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

No they aren't snacks as too expensive. Snack wise try make your own snacks at goofys at dtd.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread