Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Thanks again. Just one question about the Category numbers. Which is the better? How do they differ? Sorry it's a whole different language. The a, b, c explanation was very helpful! The 2 adjoining cabins sound like a great idea but just a bit nervous about putting them in on their own but neither do I want to spend the week in separate cabins to my husband. Does anyone know how secure they are?
The cabins are connecting (not all of them), so it's just like you sleep at home but without the hallway/landing between you. There's a door that can be propped open between the 2 staterooms, so it's like having a double room basically.

11 is the lowest category, going up to 4 which are the deluxe family rooms with veranda. Verandas start at 7.
Old 23 Feb 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The cabins are connecting (not all of them), so it's just like you sleep at home but without the hallway/landing between you. There's a door that can be propped open between the 2 staterooms, so it's like having a double room basically.

11 is the lowest category, going up to 4 which are the deluxe family rooms with veranda. Verandas start at 7.
Perfect thank you!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Really liking the sound of those connecting rooms!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenlas
slightly serious Dibber

I think we're going to take the plunge next Summer too I've been eyeing up Disney cruises for a few years now and have always talked myself out of booking, mainly due to the cost, but I just keep coming back to DCL! The advice on this thread is brilliant - thanks for sharing. My youngest daughter does get a little travel sick at times (mainly just feeling it rather than being ill IYSWIM) and I'm not too sure how she'd react to a cruise ship. Are the A or B category rooms much more expensive than the Cs?
Santa Fe March 2011 ~ Hotel New York Nov/Dec 2012 ~ OKW & villa Feb 2014 ~ Sequoia Lodge March/April 2015 ~ DLP annual pass trip #1 - Adagio May 2016

Blinking In The Starlight trip report Feb 2014
Serenlas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Any questions, just ask. We are a very helpful bunch in the cruise forum.
I would say that if you can afford the money and time for a 4 night instead of a 3 night, do it. That one day at sea gives you the time to relax and enjoy the ship .. a 3 night is sooooo jampacked with stuff to do, you need a holiday afterwards!
Thank you, that's really kind. Sadly, we won't be able to manage 4 nights this time around - we are doing 2 weeks in Orlando beforehand with family, and with the way their holidays work and the fact I can't take more than 13 days leave, the only way we can do a cruise is to do a 3-nighter, sailing out on a Friday. Next time
Old 24 Feb 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Serenlas View Post
I think we're going to take the plunge next Summer too I've been eyeing up Disney cruises for a few years now and have always talked myself out of booking, mainly due to the cost, but I just keep coming back to DCL! The advice on this thread is brilliant - thanks for sharing. My youngest daughter does get a little travel sick at times (mainly just feeling it rather than being ill IYSWIM) and I'm not too sure how she'd react to a cruise ship. Are the A or B category rooms much more expensive than the Cs?
If she's never done it before, then go with the fact that she won't be sick .. most people aren't, even if they are terribly sick in cars etc.
There's not a huge difference in cost between C's and A's, but it's all relative to how much money you have spare of course.

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thank you, that's really kind. Sadly, we won't be able to manage 4 nights this time around - we are doing 2 weeks in Orlando beforehand with family, and with the way their holidays work and the fact I can't take more than 13 days leave, the only way we can do a cruise is to do a 3-nighter, sailing out on a Friday. Next time
Shame, but better to do a 3 night than none at all
Old 27 Feb 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Me again! I've just priced up the cruise we would want to go on this year and you're right it's cheaper have 2 inside rooms than a verandah! It gave us an idea of the cost and I'm really hoping they aren't that expensive on release...
Old 28 Feb 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Me again! I've just priced up the cruise we would want to go on this year and you're right it's cheaper have 2 inside rooms than a verandah! It gave us an idea of the cost and I'm really hoping they aren't that expensive on release...
Fingers crossed for you .. Hopefully we'll soon see that you've booked one in the next release!

I've just said to Mick about booking a Med cruise for 2017. We've done 3 or 4 of them in the past with DCL, but our plans for 2017 include Australia to see his grandparents (prob last time) so money will be tight. Not having the transatlantic flight to Orlando will help, but then I worry that the WBTA will be a brilliant one!

Decisions decisions!
Old 28 Feb 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread