Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Feb 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Disney to Vineland Outlets with a baby / no car

This is proving to be more difficult than I thought. We aren't hiring a car and this will be our first time traveling with a baby. We usually get an uber to the malls, but they only provide car seats for 1 years+. Our LO will be around 5 months.
Do mears taxis provide a car seat for infants?
I was looking at Lynx buses, but it looks like there is a 30 minute walk once you get off the bus at the mall.
I would just like to skip the malls this time, but DH has made it his one demand for going this year...
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The Lynx number 8 drops you off right across the road from the Vineland Premium Outlets,no 30 minute walk.But first you'd need to get the Lynx 50 from the TTC to the stop opposite the Renaissance at Seaworld,cross the road(same side as the Renaissance)and get the 8,10 mins or so and you're at the outlets.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Uber is worth considering. Plenty of info on here about using them in Orlando.
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I'd take a pushchair with a clip in car seat. I know they Aren't ideal for long trips but for this scenario they work well.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

I think I remember reading something about the outlet malls offering a free bus service from certain locations now. Worth checking their web page.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Maverick177uk
Trading Disney Pins

Just used uber with car seat today to go to universal, easy and cheap to use.
Maverick177uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
If you weren't planning on shopping and it's DH that wants to go, why not let him go on his own and you chill out with the baby?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Legally you don't need the baby in any kind of seat in a cab or bus. However legally you also are responsible at all times for the childs safety.

Personally I think Bev has the best and the right idea. That way you ensure their safety, you know how the seat works and you then have a pushchair as well for the shopping.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maverick177uk View Post
Just used uber with car seat today to go to universal, easy and cheap to use.
Was that a car seat suitable for a 5 month old though? I thought they only provided one size, the kind for larger babies/
Old 10 Feb 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Legally you don't need the baby in any kind of seat in a cab or bus. However legally you also are responsible at all times for the childs safety.

Personally I think Bev has the best and the right idea. That way you ensure their safety, you know how the seat works and you then have a pushchair as well for the shopping.
Is that true Tom? As I know some states have exemptions (NY, Las Vegas), but the Florida Safety law info here states:

It is the responsibility of the supervising adult to ensure that any child under 5 years old is seated in a federally-approved child car seat. Failure to do so could result in a $60 fine and 3 points against your driver's license.
Florida law states:
Children 5 years old or younger must be secured in a federally approved child restraint system:
Children 3 years old and younger must use a separate car-seat or the vehicle's built-in child seat.
Children 4 through 5 years must sit in either a separate car seat, a built in child seat or a seat belt, depending on the child's height and weight.
Children 6 through 17 years old must be in a seatbelt.

(the site doesn't seem to split taxi's from private vehicles though)

Edited at 06:30 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List