Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 13, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to our second week in Naples... didnt realise so many places to stay on the gulf coast... would like to hear any feedback of things to do in Naples.. as can see from all your replies that plenty of people like the beaches in the second week... xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnaB
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolphinkatie View Post
Ohhh the dolphins
Thats whats drawin me more and more to Marco
Could i be really asking where you found your villa?

Xx
VRBO was where we found this one I can't wait to go back in September. It's definitely worth paying extra for a wide water view. I loved seeing the dolphins, we saw 2 manatee at a previous villa when we went in November a couple of years ago.
AnnaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnaB
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolphinkatie View Post
Ohhh! Would love some more info please
Best things to do, places to eat, has anyone been on the dolphin explorer?

Xx
I've been on the dolphin explorer and it was fantastic, saw loads of dolphins and they followed us in the boat. The guides are really knowledgable about Marco, dolphins and other wildlife so very interesting and they have us photos which was a nice memento of our day out.
AnnaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jolleygirl
Looking for my Ears

Marco Island

Hi There
We go to Orlando for a week every year and then head off to Marco island for the week to chill out. This year will be our 10th year!

We only stayed on a waterway once and did see manatees from the dock. However, we prefer to stay near south beach so that we can walk to the beach from our rental house and there is also a small set of shops and a cinema we can walk to. If you are too far inland you have to drive everywhere or hire bikes. There are dolphins in the sea at South Beach and you will see them when you're in the water, along with pelicans. Turtles come onto the beach to lay their eggs so you will see areas cordened off.

We did stay near tigertail beach once but much prefer South Beach. If you google vacation properties Marco Island and look at the ones that are managed by the owners you get a better deal than booking with the agents on the Island.

You can go to the mall at Naples but also the drive to Miami South beach is 2 hours also we go to the Miromar outlets.

We love it but I know its not everyones cup of tea as it's quiet! We stay in a B&B in Miami beach the night before we fly home as its only 20 mins to the airport.
jolleygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread