Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 13, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PeteMcK
Earning More Ears

Tampa Bay Rays bus?

Hi there,

New poster here. We're heading over for a couple of weeks in 22 days (and counting ).

We've got tickets to see the Rays against Detroit on Sunday 30th June and I was wondering if there are any buses that go from the Kissimmee or Orlando area?

I'm the only person driving in our company and I'd like a wee drink or two so the bus would be ideal.

Can anybody help me out?

Cheers
PeteMcK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

Can't really advise on the bus, but we went to the game against Miami on 22nd May and it's a fair drive from Orlando.

We stayed in Tampa so we could do Busch Gardens the next day - Tropicana Field is actually in St Petersburg, not Tampa so from Orlando it would be about 2 hours by car.

However, it's an ideal sport to drink with as they bring you ice cold beer to your seat during the first 7 innings!

Would a train be a better option to look at?
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
devmen
Excited about Disney

Hey PeteMcK - Welcome to The Dibb

Ive not seen any posts about buses between kissimmee and tampa other than the Busch Gardens transport from Sea World, but a quick google and i saw this site >> thefloridaexpressbus/...n-florida.html

It seems kind of expensive to be honest though and not sure times will suit you. Have you considered hiring a cheap motel room for the night..? Drive down and check in early, leave your car there then have some drinks at the game and all bundle back to the motel to sleep it off before driving back the next day, or make a trip of it and go to Busch Gardens whilst you're down that way..?

Have fun whatever you do
1989 - Villa (Kissimmee), 1994 - Villa (St Cloud), 1999 - Villa (St Cloud), 2004 - Disney Caribbean Beach, 2013 - Disney POFQ, 2014 - Villa (Sunset Lakes - Kissimmee), 2020 - Disney / Universal TBC...
devmen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Hello and Welcome

I think the hotel/motel is a good idea. Especially if consider a beach day, or maybe sea screamer, Brandon mall or Busch gardens.

Good luck and have fun. Looking forward to my next Rays game
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

have been to see the rays a few times always in car easy to get to about 1 1/2 hrs. did mention to there customer services about a bus /ticket combo like jags nfl team but they had no plans to do this
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PeteMcK
Earning More Ears

Thanks for your replies folks. Looks like we may go for a motel.
PeteMcK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 13, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread