Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jan 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

What do you wear at the Water parks?

I know it's a bit of a stupid question but was wondering what people wore at the water parks?

It's the first time going for me this year as its not really my thing but my other half wants to go... I've never been confident about my body but I've lost nearly 5 stone but I still hate my backside and still not over ally confident!

I was thinking of getting a swimsuit but I'm not that confident about walking around in just that.

Any suggestions on what I could get that wouldn't look out of place?

Thank you
DLP - Sequoia Lodge - Sept 2018 - Celebrating a 60th
WDW - Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 2023 - Honeymoon
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a fab swim dress I got from Bon marche. I feel very comfortable waking around
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Beana10
Proud to wear my Ears

I usually wear board shorts with my tankini or swimsuit.
I too have recently lost weight and though I wouldn't look out of place walking around in just a bikini or swimsuit I will still wear board shorts this year- makes me feel less self conscious

Well done on your weight loss
Beana10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I have a swim skirt and tankini top. But don't worry too much as American costumes seem to be skimpy on the bum so that's what people look at.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I bought this from Tesco last year and it was fab - covered my bum and thighs, and made me feel much better about walking around...

Unfortunately I've put on at least half a stone this year (guesstimate based on a bulging tummy and a couple of too tight bras ) but to be fair, everyone is too busy having too much fun in the waterparks to worry about what anyone else looks like, so as long as you feel comfortable that's all that matters
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've just bought a blouson tankini but I have something similar to hemanclofty ( who looks fab btw). Loads of people pop t shorts on over there costumes. Primark also do some lovely jersey slip on strapless dresses for £4
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I wear a swimsuit with board shorts over the top. I also have a uv rash vest to protect me from the sun as I have a tendency to burn.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I wear board shorts too- and sometimes a rash vest as well for some slides etc to ensure decency! I got mine from Boden and I love them. Always wear board shorts, not sure why but feel less conscious and comfortable!
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pink-princess22 View Post
I know it's a bit of a stupid question but was wondering what people wore at the water parks?

It's the first time going for me this year as its not really my thing but my other half wants to go... I've never been confident about my body but I've lost nearly 5 stone but I still hate my backside and still not over ally confident!

I was thinking of getting a swimsuit but I'm not that confident about walking around in just that.

Any suggestions on what I could get that wouldn't look out of place?

Thank you
Wondering the same myself so thanks for starting the thread - watching with interest.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I have a Swim Dress/Skirt - there is no way I would be walking round in just a normal swimsuit. I feel a lot less self conscious when wearing it