Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jan 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Maybe get a rash guard and some swim shorts?

They are made of swimming costume fabric and close-fitting - so they don't look like you're hiding out in a big kaftan (tempting...) but they hide any lumpy bits quite well. You also have to apply sunscreen less frequently.

I wear a top like this:

and shorts like this:

When I'm at the park with my son I don't want to worry about exposed bits - and I like that I can wear these up to the restaurants, shops, etc...

I get all my swimmy things from Amazon - the shorts are made by an English company called Bohn. Dozens of companies make the rashies - I like the ones by O'Neill and Cressi.

You will have a good time no matter what you wear - but I was surprised at how much fun I had at Typhoon Lagoon last year! I think feeling that little more "covered up" made me enjoy the day a lot more.
Thanks for the recommendation the bohn shorts look good. Been looking for decent board shorts, these look great.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Maybe get a rash guard and some swim shorts?

I get all my swimmy things from Amazon - the shorts are made by an English company called Bohn. Dozens of companies make the rashies - I like the ones by O'Neill and Cressi.

You will have a good time no matter what you wear - but I was surprised at how much fun I had at Typhoon Lagoon last year! I think feeling that little more "covered up" made me enjoy the day a lot more.
Thank you so much for telling me about Bohn. I'very been looking for skirts like this for ages and didn'the know they existed. I wore a rash shirt and board shorts last time but the board shorts had no stretch so weren't comfy. You are a star. Off to online shop 😆
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I liked to have a UV swim top on hand as well, when the shoulders start to crisp up I can pop that on and works a treat.

Second the pool shoes, TL has a rather abrasive floor and its also pretty on on your feet!
Old 27 Jan 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Pool shoes rather than flip flops?
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Great post Pink-Princess this has crossed my mind also. I haven't got the body for a bikini so it's going to have to be the old one piece again. I wore a mix of tankinis (Next)/costume (M&S) last year on our holiday. The tankinis were rubbish so I'm going to stick with the trusty one piece 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
I just "spotted" these lovely separates in Asda tonight - they would be perfect, but I'm not brave enough

HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I've just bought a blouson tankini but I have something similar to hemanclofty ( who looks fab btw). Loads of people pop t shorts on over there costumes. Primark also do some lovely jersey slip on strapless dresses for £4

Aw, thank you
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Not water park but swimming related. I once swam with dolphins and when the dolphin gave a lady a pull along through the water she lost her bikini bottoms, they were nowhere to be found and the staff had to get a towel for her to cover up so she could get out of the water. I'm not slim enough for a two piece but I always remember that poor lady when going to any sort of water park or active swimming occasion.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Mobile

Thing is ... its America ... lots and lots of chubby people so dont worry about it too much 😃
Old 28 Jan 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wear a swimming costume and a pair of water/board shorts. They are made of very thin material designed to be in the water but aren't clingy like swimsuit fabric. Debenhams have a lovely selection - check out the Mantaray shorts!

I'm all hips/things/bum so never go in the water without the shorts.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List