Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

When to have our 2 days at Disney...or should it be 2 and a half?

Hi everyone

Hotels and itinerary all booked but I'm still trying to decide when to use our 2 days at dlr/dca. We will arrive in Anaheim on Thurs 10th August from Vegas and leave for Newport Beach on Saturday 12th August.

Option 1: leave Vegas around lunchtime, Downtown Disney on Thursday night then full day in the parks on Friday and up until early evening on Saturday

Option 2: leave Vegas earlier and get to Anaheim around lunch. Parks rest of Thursday and all day Friday. Saturday morning have a character breakfast and a wander round Downtown Disney before heading off to the coast

Option 3: buy a 3 day Ticket!

Any thoughts? How busy will it be on the Saturday? Hubby doesn't like crowds and 7 year old doesn't like queueing!

Thanks
Old 5 Feb 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we visited the parks the first week of August last year

My best bit of advice would be to get there for opening and do as many rides as you can as it gets very hot and very busy

We enjoyed it but didn't get on as many rides as we would of liked

We are returning to California again this summer but we are not bothering with Disney next time

Sure you will have a great time though
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

We are staying at the Hojo so we'll be able to get back and cool off in the afternoon. Really need to make sure we get on radiator springs racers as ds was obsessed with cars when he was little so it has sentimental value for us. Everything else will just be for the experience of it all...although I'm sure anything star wars related will be a priority for ds and dh!
Old 5 Feb 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

We used fasspass for Radiator Springs so we didn't queue for that one! It was great fun, sure your son would will love it
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Option 1 & 2... it should take 4-4.5 hrs between Vegas and Anaheim, but last year it took us about 7 the traffic was horrendous that was leaving around mid day. Unfortunately its only the one road so if there's a incident you get stuck in traffic.

Personally I think you need two full days specially in August and over a weekend.

I was there last March , we had 2 full days one in each park from opening to closing, no queuing at all and we did just about everything. But in August you would struggle as its so much busier. Saturday will be busy as most the of visitors to Disneyland are locals (well from South California) who like to visit on a weekend.

I would be inclined to leave Vegas Wednesday evening about 6pm.. go straight to your hotel in Anaheim and spend Thurs/Friday doing the parks.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Now that is an idea daytonababe, if I can get an extra night in at the Hojo. It means we would only have 1 night in Vegas but if we got there early from zion we could have more time on arrival day. Cheers!
Old 11 Feb 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fillmore View Post
Now that is an idea daytonababe, if I can get an extra night in at the Hojo. It means we would only have 1 night in Vegas but if we got there early from zion we could have more time on arrival day. Cheers!
I have the odd good idea ;-)

im doing the opposite this year leaving LA about tea time and driving to Vegas rather than get up early and arriving in Vegas at dinner time .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The mul
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fillmore View Post
We are staying at the Hojo so we'll be able to get back and cool off in the afternoon. Really need to make sure we get on radiator springs racers as ds was obsessed with cars when he was little so it has sentimental value for us. Everything else will just be for the experience of it all...although I'm sure anything star wars related will be a priority for ds and dh!
We were at Disney in July last year and the parks were very busy but one very handy tip is to use the single rider Que at radiator springs it worked for us and you only wait about 5 minutes and you are straight back on.
I could not believe how many people were still waiting in the Que while we just went straight back on and you are always with one other family member so not on the ride on your own.