Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Feb 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Strange one - Alamo one way charge

I've been getting quotes for this summer picking up a car at Vegas and dropping off at San Jose. Like most I prefer Alamo. All the usual suspects show no one way fee with Alamo for hires between Nevada and California. There is one exception... Alamo Brits who want 150 bucks one way charge. Go figure.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I had the same problem.

Book with Virgin - they explicitly state no one way charges between Nevada, California and Arizona. So that is who I went with.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
moshman10
Imagineer

moshman10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had to pay a $150 one way fee when I picked up the car in Atlanta and dropped it off in Orlando.
Old 5 Feb 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

There are no one way rental fees for vehicles between Cali and Nevada with Alamo so looks like a fault on their website

moshman10, different rule for collecting at Atlanta and dropping off at Orlando. The one way fee is based on the distance between the locations.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
There are no one way rental fees for vehicles between Cali and Nevada with Alamo so looks like a fault on their website

moshman10, different rule for collecting at Atlanta and dropping off at Orlando. The one way fee is based on the distance between the locations.
Booking directly with Alamo does show a $150 charge. It has been like this for as long as I have been looking - over two years.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've been looking at prices for several months and the 150 bucks has remained constant throughout. I've looked at hire via Virgin from whom I've hired before in Florida but they want £866 for 3 weeks hire of a 7 seat van. I've made a cancellable booking via Netflights at £567. Like others have mentioned on other threads I've noticed that Alamo indirect prices have greatly reduced this week. From lengthy past experience I have consistently paid £170 per week for a 7 seat van and if prices return to that level I will cancel and rebook.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Looking to hire a car out of Memphis Intl and return to Orlando Intl some 3 weeks later. Most of the rental suppliers are quoting $250 + tax for one-way-rentals over and above the rental fee although Alamo/Brits are showing additional charges of approximately $379.89, £305.92 at the time of writing.

Can anyone confirm if there are any other charges over and above the one way fee, in my case $250 + tax.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bluerexel View Post
Looking to hire a car out of Memphis Intl and return to Orlando Intl some 3 weeks later. Most of the rental suppliers are quoting $250 + tax for one-way-rentals over and above the rental fee although Alamo/Brits are showing additional charges of approximately $379.89, £305.92 at the time of writing.

Can anyone confirm if there are any other charges over and above the one way fee, in my case $250 + tax.
There is normally just the normal rental charge plus the 1 way fee. I assume the fee you are showing in $ is as its showing as an extra on the booking via a UK based website as opposed to the whole booking being on a USA website?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Most rental companies Dollar, Hertz, Avis to name a few give an all-inclusive price although the rental cost is quite high compared to an agent, usrentacar as an example. If using an agent the one way fee is an addition of $250 + tax (with most) which work out as being a lot cheaper that the rental companies, although the terms and conditions of the agents (not all) say that this fee can vary depending on the supplier.

What I am really trying to establish is the one way fee, $250 + tax for my rental. Has anyone booked through an agent to find this fee to be different to the one quoted. I will probably go with a rental company direct to avoid any surprises on collection but there is a savings to be had if I go with an agent.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bluerexel View Post
Most rental companies Dollar, Hertz, Avis to name a few give an all-inclusive price although the rental cost is quite high compared to an agent, usrentacar as an example. If using an agent the one way fee is an addition of $250 + tax (with most) which work out as being a lot cheaper that the rental companies, although the terms and conditions of the agents (not all) say that this fee can vary depending on the supplier.

What I am really trying to establish is the one way fee, $250 + tax for my rental. Has anyone booked through an agent to find this fee to be different to the one quoted. I will probably go with a rental company direct to avoid any surprises on collection but there is a savings to be had if I go with an agent.
Just checking, you aren't using American websites are you? They don't have Insurance included.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List