Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

San Fran to Vegas trip - car hire & one way fees?

Finally booked flights today to San Fran and back from Vegas and managed to sort hotels too - excitement! Just looking at car hire and worried about one was rental fees. None of the places I've looked mention these but don't want to be stung on pick up/ drop off with a large fee.

Does anyone know whether the price we pay will be the actual price or not?
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If you book through a broker like USRentacar the price you pay should be all you have to pay, bar for the tank of fuel when you collect the car.

Most companies don't have a one way free between California and Nevada.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Most companies don't have a one way free between California and Nevada.
You may want to look here re one way fees between Nevada and California https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1004520
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by amf View Post
You may want to look here re one way fees between Nevada and California https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1004520
I've never paid a fee.. and two years ago I picked up a car in LA and swapped it twice in Vegas for free.. Actually I gained because both times it came with a tank of fuel which I didn't pay for ..

I don't use Alamo though , as they've always been the most expensive for me.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I've booked the same route as you, ending in Vegas. We've booked with BA. I believe there was a small one way fee added on but cannot remember exactly , think around £70 but it's already added on.

Edited at 08:00 AM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Used BA, Dollar, Hertz and Avis going between California and Nevada and never paid a one way fee. I always explicitly ask the question though.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've never previously paid a fee picking up at LAS and dropping at both San Diego and Orange County. Its unusual to be charged a one way fee between California and Nevada which is why I'm surprised at Brits charging this fee when third party Alamo suppliers don't.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Thanks all. I emailed one company which had conflicting information on their website and they've basically said that Dollar haven't implemented their one way charging fee for the summer as yet - they sometimes do due to supply and demand. She said that if I book now and the booking states there are no one way rentals that will be honoured even if Dollar decide to add on a fee at a later date. Not sure what to do or who to use that will be the safest - off to check BA prices!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We did this trip ,picked up in SF dropped off in LV with no fee we used Alamo.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Ive never paid a one way fee on that route - although once Dollar tried to charge me $300 in Vegas ( really nasty clerk ) Virgin got it back as their site clearly said no one way fees. Ive never booked with Dollar ever again. We always book through Net flights ( Alamo used ) - says one way fee included and we have never had an issue.