Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Vegas Hotel?

Hi

I currently have Mandalay Bay booked for a 3 night stay in November. At the time of booking I felt I had found a deal. The price was fantastic: £500 for a strip view including all taxes and resort fees.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for hotels?

As this is our first visit to Vegas, I'm not sure if we should be more central to the middle of the strip or not.

We are not party people and have no real interest in gambling. We plan to spend our time having a look around the hotels, see a show, eat at a buffet and take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.

Thanks in advance

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Check out - vegas.com
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi I think that will depend on how much to want to pay I stayed Excalibur which was fine and at the low ends price range
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The midstrip is a much better location even though your hotel is very nice. We stayed at the Luxor once great hotel but location not so good. The Mirage or Tresure Island we stayed at next time were perfect! Nice hotels , good rates and perfect locations.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
When are you there in November as if its after the first week when SEMA is on, I don't think that's cheap. I like Mandalay Bay but I don't think its worth £160 a night in November when its main attraction the pool area isn't in use.

The pools are closed and its low season so hotels should be cheaper.

What do you want from a hotel? You'll get varying opinions but it comes down to Budget I suppose.

You won't go far wrong in hotels like Planet Hollywood, MGM, NYNY, Mirage, Tropicana , Linq , Venetian, but they are all different prices.

I personally wouldn't stop in Flamingo (I have 3 times but its really tired now) Treasure Island(very smoking and no real attraction), Luxor & Excalibur (both need a refurb)..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
When are you there in November as if its after the first week when SEMA is on, I don't think that's cheap. I like Mandalay Bay but I don't think its worth £160 a night in November when its main attraction the pool area isn't in use.

The pools are closed and its low season so hotels should be cheaper.

What do you want from a hotel? You'll get varying opinions but it comes down to Budget I suppose.

You won't go far wrong in hotels like Planet Hollywood, MGM, NYNY, Mirage, Tropicana , Linq , Venetian, but they are all different prices.

I personally wouldn't stop in Flamingo (I have 3 times but its really tired now) Treasure Island(very smoking and no real attraction), Luxor & Excalibur (both need a refurb)..
We are there 1st -4th November

I assumed something was happening in Vegas at this time as the hotel prices are quite expensive compared to the week before and the week after.

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Chip&Dale View Post
We are there 1st -4th November

I assumed something was happening in Vegas at this time as the hotel prices are quite expensive compared to the week before and the week after.
Yep its SEMA finishes on the 3rd so that's why hotels are so expensive, Its one of the biggest shows held in Vegas each year. Events push prices up so much.

I go next months for the NASCAR which doubles prices anyway but the first couple of days there's a big building convention on, Planet Hollywood is $600 per night !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List