Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Feb 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I don't know if your prices are based on packages or hotel only, what dates you're looking at or how many rooms you want... but bear in mind that the 2017 prices currently have a room reduction offer on which finishes at the end of March.

Our quote for free dining last year was £4000 for 5 people in 2 rooms for 10 nights plus tickets - so £200 per room, per night. Hotel prices for 2018, looking at the Disney website, are currently significantly higher (e.g. based on current prices, without free dining, our booking for the same dates in 2018 would be £5320).

If you can't get the numbers to work for a hotel booking, you could always consider a DVC booking. We did consider this, but we needed a lot of points, so it was less faff to book the hotel - it works for a lot of people though.
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
AKL is our favourite and have stayed 5 times, standard and concierge, we used to love POFQ and I always upgraded from QS to DDP and the last time we were there I found it was £60 cheaper to stay at a deluxe resort with DDP than upgrading to DDP at a moderate resort. we always stay sept/oct/nov
Old 8 Feb 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

I booked for last year, when the US website were offering room discount, but I booked with cheaptickets.com, who had a further 20% off the already discounted hotel rates and it worked out around £120 per night for a standard room.
I think that offer was on around May-ish time though, so not much help if you're looking at going in June, but the 20% off on cheaptickets website seems to be on every few weeks or so. Might be worth looking?
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I don't know if this will help or not, as we've booked for this October, not June, but we very nearly booked POR and upgraded the dining plan. However we found it would only cost £200 more to stay at AKL with the full dining plan, so we decided to book there.

14 nights (3 ad, 1 ch)
14 day Disney ultimate tickets
Disney dining plan
Magical express
$200 gift card

£4286
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'll be interested to see prices for AKL this time. It's usually on the 'low' end of the Deluxe resorts with SSR and OKW being the next cheapest. But you won't have the upgrade price for DDP that you would have for POR. 👍🏻
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE2711
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I paid £2400 for two adults in September for 10 days including tickets and free dining plan.. we booked this through Florida escapes.. might be worth looking at quotes from Disney agents rather than direct.. they seem to cut the price a bit x
RachelE2711 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We have the same dilemma. We are intending on going June 2018 at PORT with upgraded dining plan
If the AKP is minimal difference I may be able to convince hubby
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

AKL is simply stunning. I wish we could afford to stay again!