Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

What tickets did you buy in advance

Hi what tickets/passes did you purchase before you left for your trip.
Did you find it helpful when you were there to have them bought in advance.

Thanks
Old 7 Feb 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
All I've bought so far ticket wise is a groupon for the Kiss crazy golf in Vegas .

We are going to Disneyland and probably universal but we will buy both on the gate .

Might go to Bearizonia if we leave Vegas early enough on the Friday.

Last year we did buy universal in advance but got Disney on the gate .

Only other thing I've ever booked in advance is the Warner Bros tour which we needed at a specific time on a certain day .

We don't really plan though we go with the flow and decide what to do on the day rather than in advance .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've brought Disney (2 day pass, non-hopper), Universal (I'm planning to upgrade to front of the line at the gate if it's busy), Paramount Studios tour, basketball at Staples Center, Pixar and Endeavour exhibitions at California Space Center and Big Bang Theory taping tickets (free from tvtickets). It's going to be a busy week!

I brought the Disney and Universal tickets from Attractiontix as they were the cheapest at the time. Other tickets were brought direct from the attraction websites.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We will get all of ours in advance then its all paid for and I like to have them in hand. Just got my Disneyland ones today.

Wish they took under 18s at the show tapings as my DD would loveto watch Big Bang Theory

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We always buy Disney & Universal before going, the UK 14 day tickets are great and better value than on the gate in my experience and they allow us to come and go as we please so no need for a regimented plan as we are on holiday after all :-)
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
We always buy Disney & Universal before going, the UK 14 day tickets are great and better value than on the gate in my experience and they allow us to come and go as we please so no need for a regimented plan as we are on holiday after all :-)
That's for Florida though, you can't buy 14 days tickets for Disneyland California and there's not a lot of difference in price buying from sellers here and on the gate.

Universal is only one park there so you only really need 1 day to do it all.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
That's for Florida though, you can't buy 14 days tickets for Disneyland California and there's not a lot of difference in price buying from sellers here and on the gate.

Universal is only one park there so you only really need 1 day to do it all.
Doh, that'll teach me to look at which forum the thread is in, now, where did I put my dunces hat?
Old 9 Feb 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Thank you. Have any if you bought transport tickets in advance in SF? Are they even possible to purchase in advance? Also I assume helicopter trips in LV were bought in advance too, any other attractions in LV to buy ahead?
Old 9 Feb 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
When we did the helicopter trip we did buy it in advance because there were only a few days we could do it on, plus its better to schedule it for early on in the trip incase it gets cancelled then you have time to reschedule.

Only other things I've had had in advance is tickets I've got through MyVegas . When we've paid for attractions like the Waxworks and Score (which is closed now) I've bought them there from the Tix4Tonite booths where they are discounted..
Old 9 Feb 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
Thank you. Have any if you bought transport tickets in advance in SF? Are they even possible to purchase in advance? Also I assume helicopter trips in LV were bought in advance too, any other attractions in LV to buy ahead?
Do you mean from the airport to the hotel in SF? I pre-booked through Viator but if you do a bit of searching though old threads I think it's easy (and cheap) to use public transport. I'd highly recommend Dylan's Tours and booking Alcatraz in advance.

I brought helicopter in advance; again through Viator. I booked High Roller in advance through Travel Zoo - got a good price for happy hour. I also booked a couple of shows that we wanted to see (you can buy there but it's pot luck) and some buffet vouchers from Groupon.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List