Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Feb 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

2nights stay at HRH/FOTL passes question.

Hi there,

We have a 2 night stay booked the HRH in December (13th and 14th). Unfortunately we do not land at MCO until 18.05 so its going to be knocking on I imagine by the time we are able to check in...my question is does anybody know if we will receive FOTL passes for 13th 14th AND 15th Dec (check out date) given that we are staying 2 nights?

We are unlikely to have time to use them on our check-in date so Im hoping that we will have them available to us for the first 2 full days of our stay before moving to our rental villa.

I booked the HRH before realising we would benefit from these passes as guests so it is an added bonus but I am also starting to worry that after the in-direct flight the day before we will be too knackered to enjoy the first few days - what do people think? My kids are 20 and 11 and could sleep on a fence so will no doubt be raring to go but I'm worried about us oldies!

Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Yes - you get FOTL for check in and check out days (plus any inbetween)
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

That's awesome news - thank you!
Old 9 Feb 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

For what its worth now, I was pricing this up at the Universal hotels and I've just booked 2 nights at Universal.

We've got Club Level (concierge) at the Lowes Pacific for just $80 more than standard at HRH.
Old 9 Feb 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are arriving late ourselves and have decided to book a cheaper hotel for the arrival night £90 and then checkin nice and early (0700) the following morning. It is saving us £230 as we wont be going into the parks on arrival day so don't need the folp
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We usually land around 3:30pm US time then hit a water park next morning. With the jet lag and time zone change you'll be awake early anyway. But last year our flight was delayed by about 4 hours and we didn't arrive at our resort til gone midnight. It took us about two days til we were in a fit enough state. I reckon you'll be fine, but obviously varies from person to person
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiger01204 View Post
We are arriving late ourselves and have decided to book a cheaper hotel for the arrival night £90 and then checkin nice and early (0700) the following morning. It is saving us £230 as we wont be going into the parks on arrival day so don't need the folp
We were going to do that. I just didn't like the idea of messing around changing hotels and losing 30 minutes of early entry.

Decided to just pay the extra and enjoy the nice hotel facilities. Compare prices between HRH and LRP and found club level LRP to be only a little more than a standard room at HRH. So we get the free snacks and drinks for our stay so that offsets some of the cost.

We also compare the cost of buying express pass for the two days (not 3 we are getting) and found it cost $200 more to buy Express Pass and pay for cheap hotel than staying club level. I didn't even factor in buying snacks and drinks that we'll get.
Old 10 Feb 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I'd book a cheap hotel for first night.
Then 1 night a HRH - you'll be up early, and can get FOLP first thing - they will hold your luggage for you, you get a full day in park (easily do everything by time tiredness kicks in mid afternoon.
Same again next day.
If you wanted a 2nd night, I'd do it at end of holiday. That way altogether you get 4 days FOLP as opposed to getting 3 by staying 2 consecutive nights.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for your input.
I did toy with the idea of a cheaper room first night then one night at Universal but as my husband is all about convenience and the less hassle the better, we booked the 2 nights!
To be fair the only reason we have these 2 days tagged on at the start of our fortnight is because it was £1,000 cheaper to fly on the Wednesday rather than the Friday so I then found myself having to find somewhere to bed down for a few nights before we start the holiday proper. With 2 nights at HRH booked we're still £500 better off plus an additional 2 days in the sunshine (fingers crossed! )