Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Accommodaton almost all booked

At last we've found accommodation for the middle part of our holiday. We've booked a one bed bungalow in Newport Beach, a block from the beach. A bit more expensive that we expected, but to be honest the accommodation costs have been more than we expected for each place. So our plans are:

BA flights - Glasgow-Heathrow-San Francisco (picking car up)
- 4 nights in San Francisco at the Cow Hollow Inn
- Pismo Beach for one night in the Pismo Beach Hotel
- Newport Beach for 7 nights in a bungalow - vow renewal on the beach on our 25th anniversary
- New York, New York Las Vegas for 6 nights,
- drive back to LA for a night (still to book a night near the airport)
BA flights Los Angeles-Heathrow-Glasgow

Making our 19 wonderful nights on the West Coast. Now that all but one night of the accommodation is booked I can allow myself to get excited. I've found this section of the Dibb so helpful so far - no great surprise really - and I'm sure I'll have many more questions and queries before we actually go, but thanks so far.
Old 10 Feb 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think a lot of people are finding accommodation more expensive this year... I'm glad I booked most of mine last year , which is unusual for me because prices have more than doubled since then.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip! Yes we too have found hotels alot more expensive this year. Just one thing I noticed,do you need the car in SF? We had six days there with no car,the transport system is great. I would save on the cost of car hire and the very expensive parking in SF and pick up the car the day you leave the city. Just a thought 😉
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We don't really need the car I don't suppose, but we booked a flydrive with BA and were happy with the price and there is complimentary parking at the Cow Hollow Motor Inn so we'll probably park up and use public transport for our time there. I did give DH the option of phoning BA to change our collection date for the car, but he'd rather have it from the airport. I'll not be doing the driving so it's his choice.
Old 10 Feb 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I think a lot of people are finding accommodation more expensive this year... I'm glad I booked most of mine last year , which is unusual for me because prices have more than doubled since then.
Same here. I'm finding hotels have shot up I price. Glad I booked last august