Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
I keep doing dummy bookings for all kinds of dates! Trying to get an idea 😂 We want to stay in just one room though and ideally I'd like breakfast included... Still it gives me something to do these winter months!
I thought New York was expensive! We're staying 5 nights in June in a junior suite for about £1000 so if I can get anything like that for SF I'll be happy!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in Marina del Rey. Not too far from LAX. We did a day walking from there to Venice Beach and Santa Monica. The other day we drove to the Griffiths Observatory, Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame then through the hills and then to Rodeo Drive. All that was at a leisurely pace, with a Hard Rock meal & we were out around 6 hours.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ps - we also arrived from Pacific Highway and then went on to Anaheim
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

We couldn't find somewhere we liked and was a decent price in LA so have changed our mind and are now staying in Santa Monica. I think we are thinking we only need a day in LA and we will get the train in for ease. A friend has advised this would be a less stressful option and then work out the driving to the other places we want to see.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou for everyone's replies, I'm thinking that it might actually be nicer to stay nearer to the beach now.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

We stayed at the Magic Castle, great hotel and great location, can't recommend it enough!

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
orchid suites was good , next to Hollywood and highland shopping centre , great hotel , huge suites with full kitchen and free breakfast

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm not sure if this will help, we've booked a wee cottage at Newport beach for 7 nights and are planning just to drive into LA for the day (probably an hour and a half's drive) and do the sites all in one day, hopefully. And if we decided to go to Disneyland then we're about 40 minutes away (allegedly) so can do that to for a day or 2. But we will have the rest of the time at the beach - only a block's walk away from our wee cottage. We booked it through VRBO. It's another option worth thinking about.
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have booked a Hilton in Long Beach for this trip. We are paying £133 a night which is the most reasonable price I have found.

Last time we stayed at the Hilton Universal City which was magnificent, but probably not worth the money if you;re not doing Universal.

I know I wouldn't want to stay nr Hollywood Blvd, its not a nice place imo.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I have just come back from a quick trip to LA. I stayed in West Hollywood which was a great area for all your suggested you wanted to see. We were about 10 min drive from hollywood walk of fame, beverly hills etc. We stayed at the Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel which was a 5 min walk from CBS studios and it had a lovely american diner underneath it called swingers. it was really great value and a lovely hotel with a very retro 19.50's theme. We were about 40 min drive from Santa Monica beach. We used Uber alot which was really good value. There were 2 of us for 3 nights and the hotel cost about £400 for the 3 nights. Would definately recommend this area. So interesting and also not too far to drive over the hill to the warner bros studios and universal etc. maybe about 15mins away. downtown LA was about 30 - 40 mins drive. and LAX about an hour away. hth

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List