Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 14, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Kssquared
Gone all Goofy

Alamo official response... thoughts ?

I asked Alamo why after Savetime & OLCI, the emails stated to go to the desk and their response:

"I checked your reservation in our system and everything looks great. You will need to check in at the counter when you arrive in Orlando, though. For our international renters coming into the United States, check-in must be done at the counter only because our staff needs to quickly check international licenses and passports in person. However, by completing the Alamo Save Time pre-registration, our staff there will have your information and be able to get you checked in and on the road as quickly as they can. Once you’ve checked in, you’ll be able to go straight to the lot and select any intermediate car available that you prefer."

So do I chance it and head straight for the cars or the desk ?
Kssquared is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kssquared View Post
I asked Alamo why after Savetime & OLCI, the emails stated to go to the desk and their response:

"I checked your reservation in our system and everything looks great. You will need to check in at the counter when you arrive in Orlando, though. For our international renters coming into the United States, check-in must be done at the counter only because our staff needs to quickly check international licenses and passports in person. However, by completing the Alamo Save Time pre-registration, our staff there will have your information and be able to get you checked in and on the road as quickly as they can. Once you’ve checked in, you’ll be able to go straight to the lot and select any intermediate car available that you prefer."

So do I chance it and head straight for the cars or the desk ?
Straight to the cars, thats what i'm doing, plenty of people on here that have only done SaveTime have said that they went straight to the garage, got their car and produce the barcode on the way out.
This only applies to MCO I believe, not Sanford.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

This is rubbish! I am just back, my OLCI and SAVETIME said go to desk. I just went to the garage picked the car, the keys are in them, and the guy on the barrier checked the contract using the bar code and looked at our licences. Off we went.
Never had my passport checked in 22 trips
Old 30 May 14, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kssquared
Gone all Goofy

@Greyfriars - Did you have a copy of the rental agreement after doing OLCI & Savetime ? I have the barcode only.
Kssquared is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kssquared View Post
@Greyfriars - Did you have a copy of the rental agreement after doing OLCI & Savetime ? I have the barcode only.
You get a rental agreement at the barrier on the way out.
Old 30 May 14, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post

For all the people who want a hard sell after a 9 hour flight with crying,tired children and like standing in a slow moving queue for upto 2 hours and buy an upgrade,exrta insurance(car or personal) that no don't need or want then go to the desk. If you want to be out of the Airport in 10mins do Savetime. I know which one I've done for the last 6 years and did again 2 weeks ago. Alamo likes the Desk it makes them alot of money.
Old 30 May 14, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
When you go to the garage do you have to contact someone to see what row of cars you go to or is this clear?
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 14, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
When you go to the garage do you have to contact someone to see what row of cars you go to or is this clear?
Lots of staff to point you in the right direction and well sign posted.
Old 30 May 14, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi, new to this how and where do we do savatime?
Old 30 May 14, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by AJ's View Post
Hi, new to this how and where do we do savatime?
https://v1.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alamo-intlSaveTime
Closed Thread