Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 14, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Exclamation Car hire panic

Hello after reading all of the extra threads about car hire problems I am now finding myself with a new thing to worry about
We have fully inclusive insurance and a 7 seater with our package.
What can I expect them to charge me extra for ?
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
The paperwork for your booking will state exactly what you have paid for. Some fully inclusive insurance deals include a full tank of gas, so you need to check this. If you have this, you will not need to fill up when you return the car. If you do not have this, your paperwork when you pick the car up will state what the full tank charge is. You will not need any additional insurance. It is up to you whether you opt for breakdown cover, roadside assistance, tryes and screen cover etc, but basically you do not need them.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Thank you
Can I ask how much would the full tank be and do we pay upfront for this ? Or just return the car with a full tank ?
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We always return the car full but some prefer to pay for a full tank upfront and return empty.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Do you know roughly how much this is and do they hold money on my cc for anything ?
Old 5 Jun 14, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Just back and with Alamo from Miami we paid 83 USD for a full tank for 7 seater.

If I was driving back to MCO I would not have paid for it but it was my first time (and hopefully last) returning to Miami so I didn't want the extra hassle of looking for a petrol station close by.

The car (dodge caravan) showed an estimated petrol distance so we could guage quite well how much we needed to leave it back to the airport there was 27 miles of fuel left when we handed it in. Orange petrol light was showing once we got to 60 miles to go

I had to fill it twice during the trip and put 65 USD in the tank.

Still waiting on the bill for tolls. I booked through brit's and wasn't offered anything in Miami except to prepay the tank of gas.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

Sorry to HiJack - Jas72 could you give some more info on Miami Airport and Alamo, we are doing this in August. How was Immigration and was collecting the car easy (did you use savetime)?

Thanks

Sorry again op
Old 5 Jun 14, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Hello after reading all of the extra threads about car hire problems I am now finding myself with a new thing to worry about
We have fully inclusive insurance and a 7 seater with our package.
What can I expect them to charge me extra for ?
They probably will try and upsell extra insurances with the veiled threat that you are not covered for this and that should this and that happen. Personally I would ignore it and not accept any of it.
yorky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

The gas thing concerns me, we only want to hire a car for 3 days I'll be surprised if we do 100 miles.

I'm booking with Alamo Brits but not sure on their policy, I was just hoping not to pay them for fuel and return it full
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Thanks for everyone's advice
Closed Thread