Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 14, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Forgot to mention we don't want two cars. 12 seater seems to big
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

A 12 seater wouldn't be much bigger at all over an 8 seater. We had the 7 seater Town & Country and it was the size of a van. While daunting at first once you've driven it once you'll wonder why you were worried. Wider lanes, bigger parking spaces and automatic transmission. Easy as pie!
Old 5 Jun 14, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

As said.. Think luggage.

Go 12 seater and have space or 2 standard suv's
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michaela
Proud to wear my Ears

We travelled at the beginning of May this year and we had an 8 seater, I think it was called a GMC Yukon XL, but they also had Toyota Sienna's. We booked a 7 seater originally but upgraded to an 8 seater at the airport
Michaela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Michaela
Proud to wear my Ears

I forgot to add that we fit 6 adults and 2 children with car seats and all of our luggage which was 7 suitcases and a double pram in the boot, it was a beast of a car, DH loved it!
Michaela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Been looking at the Alamo website. Not the best site to use but from what I could work out it doesn't do 8 people vehicles? For a supposedly big company I find that strange.
GMC Yukon xl,Chevrolet Suburban and the Ford Expedition xl can all be had with 8 seats from Alamo, but even these with there massive boots will be tight with your luggage.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Old 5 Jun 14, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We had an 8 seater for 8passengers 1 electric scooter 1 wheel chair 3 cases and 2 holdalls plus hand luggage and we were booked with alamo I must admit it was a bit squashed to and from the airport but fine for the rest of the holiday
Old 5 Jun 14, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

They do, Toyota Sienna. I got a quote from USCarhire and best deal was with Alamo £560 for 2 weeks in January. Don't fancy a 12 seater either so we can manage to and from the airport with the luggage as won't be for too long.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

As I said. With Alamo you pick up the car at Disney so the luggage factor is irrelevant.
Old 5 Jun 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by User Name View Post
As I said. With Alamo you pick up the car at Disney so the luggage factor is irrelevant.
I will need to look into that. I just automatically put in MCO for pickup and collect, but can maybe use magical express instead and get car there.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread