Old 8 Oct 14, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Ah! The Ahwahnee Hotel - they do an amzing James Bond Martini there. You can see where Disney got there ideas from for Wilderness Lodge and Grand Californian.
And, Yosemite... just breath taking isn't it?
Its amazing. We did consider stopping for a cocktail but with one of us driving we gave it a miss. A beautiful hotel though, I had serious envy for the bride.

Originally Posted by Lolly90 View Post
Yosemite looks incredible, you took some really great photos!
Thankyou

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Beautiful and absolutely on my bucket list! What a small world bumping into a colleague there!
Its an incredible place, different I know but I preferred it to the Grand Canyon. Strangest thing with the colleague, we bumped into them again last night in the Ikea 50 minutes away form our house! Sooo very weird, in the 4 years since Aaron worked with him they have never bumped into each other and not twice in a couple of weeks! Spooky

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
Yosemite is amazing ,we want to go back there
As do I, Id like to think I could take children (if we ever settle down and have any ) in the future, its the kind of place you want to share with others isn't it!?

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Lovely photos, brings back so many memories! Pussycat
Thank you, glad its invoking some memories!

Originally Posted by Twilight Nerd View Post
It looks amazing I am loving your report, can't wait to see Yosemite next year
Its so beautiful, the photos don't do it justice at all!

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
We loved the Mist Trail - great pictures!
It was a great walk, would love to do it in the spring though to experience the mist!

Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
Yosemite looks amazing, can't wait to see it for real next year. We're staying at the same hotel as you but just for one night then the Lodge at the Falls for 2 nights. How far is the Mist Trail to walk? Does that take you to the Vernal Falls? I haven't researched the different trials yet so don't know which ones we are doing -that one looks lovely though.

Suzy
You will love the Yosemite View Lodge, its beautiful.

Yes the mist trail takes you to Vernal Falls and you can also carry on to Nevada Falls but that's a much longer hike. I cant remember how many miles the hike is now but it took us about 2 hours to go up and about 50 minutes to come back down. That's with a lot of stopping to take photos / admire the views!

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
We will be hoping to go here in 2016!
Your pictures look lovely! Such a gorgeous place!
Do it, its amazing
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Thanks for the info - the Mist Trail looks lovely so we may do that one. I know a lot of the lakes/falls will be dry when we go in August but the Vernal falls is supposed to be year-round, so hoping to see that .

Thanks for getting back to me - enjoy the rest of your trip. I am loving your trip report, it is making me very excited for when we go.

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 14, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow what an amazing place to visit, such stunning scenery. Glad your converse came out white again

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks amazing! What a great day in the park
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
Thanks for the info - the Mist Trail looks lovely so we may do that one. I know a lot of the lakes/falls will be dry when we go in August but the Vernal falls is supposed to be year-round, so hoping to see that .

Thanks for getting back to me - enjoy the rest of your trip. I am loving your trip report, it is making me very excited for when we go.

Suzy
Its definitely worth doing, incredible views all the way up.

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Wow what an amazing place to visit, such stunning scenery. Glad your converse came out white again
Its a beautiful place. Im glad about the converse too! They were so dirty by the end of the day I couldn't believe it.

Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
Looks amazing! What a great day in the park
It was a fab day. Exactly as I imagined it when i have read other peoples trippys.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven't been to Yosemite since I was a child, so my memories of it are a bit fuzzy. Your beautiful photos make me realize I need to go back. Ugh though on the ant invasion! Your room with the balcony sounds ideal to me though. It does look like you had a lovely day.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
I haven't been to Yosemite since I was a child, so my memories of it are a bit fuzzy. Your beautiful photos make me realize I need to go back. Ugh though on the ant invasion! Your room with the balcony sounds ideal to me though. It does look like you had a lovely day.
It was just the most incredible place to see, I definitely hope to go back someday!
Old 28 Oct 14, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Amazing scenery!

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Amazing scenery!
Its incredible!
Old 4 Nov 14, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
brill photos
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List