Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 15, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
MagicBand on Demand Opens in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park

inline imageGuests now have a new option to create and personalize retail MagicBands at Walt Disney World Resort. Disney have recently opened a new retail MagicBand on Demand station inside the Tomorrowland Power & Light Co. location near Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom Park. This new option for guests is similar to the D-Tech on Demand boutique first introduced in June 2014 at the Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs Marketplace.

At the Tomorrowland location, you may choose to create either a retail MagicBand or a D-Tech phone case. If creating a retail MagicBand, we offer your choice of eight different MagicBand colors including purple.

There are also approximately 40 graphics to apply to your custom MagicBand. There will be a few MagicBand graphics that will only be found in this location that salute classic Magic Kingdom Park attractions and icons.

In addition to artwork, the retail MagicBand can be personalized with a name printed on the outside.

Once designed, the retail MagicBand is printed in the location. The printers use UV ink which dries immediately and requires no cooling time.

For the final step, the custom retail MagicBand can be either associated to your My Disney Experience account, or you can give it as a gift to friends or family who may be visiting Walt Disney World Resort soon.

Retail for a custom retail MagicBand is $21.95 while a personalized retail MagicBand is $29.95.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dtech.jpg
Views:	49312
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	62863  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
djlaosc
Serious Dibber

Lightbulb

Hopefully this will mean that they have solved the problem with the purple MagicBands and that they will start to become available on My Disney Experience!
Boma * Mythos * Raglan Road * Rose & Crown * Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater * Splitsville * Yak & Yeti

Edited at 08:58 PM.
djlaosc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohh these look good, will look out for these next year xxx

Originally Posted by djlaosc View Post
Hopefully this will mean that they have solved the problem with the purple MagicBands and that they will start to become available on My Disney Experience!
Was it true they had to stop the purple ones as they were dying people's arms?! This is what I heard on my recent trip xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
djlaosc
Serious Dibber

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by *~Nic~* View Post
Ohh these look good, will look out for these next year xxx

Was it true they had to stop the purple ones as they were dying people's arms?! This is what I heard on my recent trip xxx
That was the rumour that I was referring to - don't have any idea whether it was true or not - I just think I remember seeing pictures of purple MagicBands when they were originally announced, and then they never were available after that.
Boma * Mythos * Raglan Road * Rose & Crown * Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater * Splitsville * Yak & Yeti
djlaosc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 15, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I always thought that they chose not to provide purple MagicBands because then they could sell them and make more money. Everyone seems eager to have a purple MagicBand!

This looks interesting although we already have some MagicBands and will be getting more in April - so I'm not sure about paying to get even more.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 15, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

However massive a fan I am... Disney printing more cash !

personally we would rather not buy into more magic band spending and spend our money on souvenirs as memories from the parks.

Each to their own though x

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 15, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

I bought skins on here for my Magicband,one had my name on it,i got lots of compliments from photographers on my MB.
Old 27 Oct 15, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bubbasmum View Post
personally we would rather not buy into more magic band spending and spend our money on souvenirs as memories from the parks.

Each to their own though x
Erm, MagicBands are souvenirs.

They are about the same price as the existing MagicBands that have a picture on them, so it's not like Disney are making any more money than they currently do.

Well, other than the personalisation bit which costs $8 just to add your name. That is a bit cheeky.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 15, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Sorry if this is a silly question but it take it these are different to the 'skins' you can buy and stick on your band? The picture on this option is actually printed on the band if that makes sense?
We will get magic bands due to staying on site the first few nights so if I wanted one if these I would have to our as another band therefore I would have a plain one and pictured one?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 15, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question but it take it these are different to the 'skins' you can buy and stick on your band? The picture on this option is actually printed on the band if that makes sense?
We will get magic bands due to staying on site the first few nights so if I wanted one if these I would have to our as another band therefore I would have a plain one and pictured one?
Thanks
Yes, the design is printed permanently onto the MagicBand - it is not a skin or sticker.

And, unfortunately, it prints onto a new MagicBand - so you can't provide an existing MagicBand (i.e. one you've picked up from an onsite stay) for it to use. So, yes, you'll have two bands - a plain one and one of these fancy ones.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~