Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 16, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Disney Dream Stateroom for family of 6

I was just curios to know would a category 4 deluxe family stateroom with verandah suit a family of 6.
This would be mommy/daddy in the queen bed, dd1 and dd2 in the bunk beds, ds1 in the murphy bed, and hopefully 14 month old in a cot.

Were just trying to look at all our options on how to try keep costs down, it would only be for 3 nights, followed by a 2 bedroom OKW so we'd get over the sleeping in the one room etc for at least the 3 nights.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

we had the family stateroom last yr for our family of 5 to be honest with the bunk beds down and the other bed out there would be hardly any room for a travel cot there wasnt much walking space at all to be fair. I would still try though if its allowed rather than booking 2 rooms. During the day the room will be fine as all the beds are put away the family room is gorgeous

Em
Old 16 Mar 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

If it was allowed i'd definately consider it. I dont think i would be able for the inside rooms for fear of been claustrophobic.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 16, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

alot of people say the verandah isnt worth the cost but we really liked having one and no way could i have an inside room was so nice to sit out on there at night. You will love the cruise its amazing hun

em
Old 17 Mar 16, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there were 4 of us 2 ad and 2 children but my son is the height of an adult and we were fine. Yes it's tight but they only make up the beds in the evening so during the day you could walk around. I would Def get the veranda esp for 6 gives you that bit more space and we loved sitting out on it.
Old 17 Mar 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

I'll definately keep an eye on cost for the verandah, however im also eyeing up those 2 special cabins with the seperate sleeping area and 2 portholes in each. But i guess i wont know until all the costs come out to see what is available and within budget.

Is it worth doing a 3 or 4 night. The cost jumps up alot for the 4 night cruise and this will be our very first cruise ever.
Old 17 Mar 16, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

we did a 3 night and loved it it did go quickly but then we had the rest of our orlando holiday to get back too. I would do a 3 night again doubt a 4 night as just wouldnt want to take any more time from orlando

It was our 1st cruise last november i was worried whether we would like it but its the best thing ever such gorgeous ship and the staff are lovely so helpful and friendly

em
Old 17 Mar 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

i would say though book it as soon as its out as the prices just seem to go up

emx
Old 17 Mar 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

I think for a first cruise and to keep costs down perhaps the 3 night might be sufficient for us. How did you find doing the cruise first and Orlando afterwards, this is what we are hoping to do.
Old 17 Mar 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
I think for a first cruise and to keep costs down perhaps the 3 night might be sufficient for us. How did you find doing the cruise first and Orlando afterwards, this is what we are hoping to do.
I think (IMHO) this isn't ideal but is probably the most practical solution.

If you do the cruise first after arriving from the UK you may be suffering from Jet Lag so may not have the best cruise experience. But then again it is the ideal environment for chilling out and relaxing!

Enjoy the experience - we loved it so much we did it again and we had a stateroom that had extra space as it was intended for wheelchair access. We had room 8102 on Disney Wonder with a wrap around balcony...brilliant (but expensive!)
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread