Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 16, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Port Arrival Time

Hi,

We're on the Disney Dream in May and managed to secure a 10:45am PAT. My question is, how strict are they with times e.g. If we arrive earlier than expected, would they allow us entry at 10:30am or would we have to wait.

Thanks!
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

you will arrive and join a long queue lol im sure the port building itself doesnt open till 11am you have the same pat time as we did im sure it was about 11.30 by the time we were inside. Luckily we were Disneys family of the week so we got to board before almost everyone else but im sure we were still not on board till maybe 12 ish as we went straight to the buffet restaurant for lunch.

The earlier you get there you will be further along in the queue so technically will get in the building sooner, try to charm the lady that picks the family of the day she took a shine to my youngest lol

em
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

General boarding doesn't happen until at least 11. Only Concierge get on early and even then it's not much before 11.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

thats what i though Geoffa seems daft they give such early pat times when your not going to get into building before a certain time

em
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Thanks Em, it's nice to know what to expect... at least we won't be surprised if we're stuck at the end of a very long queue! Never mind...as long as we get on at some point!
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Just take the kids swim stuff in hand luggage then you can have lunch then get in the pool and dont have wait for your luggage to arrive at your room i think ours arrived about 4

em
Old 28 Mar 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We had a PAT of 10.45 but took the DCL coach from MCO. We got to the port around 10.25 and were some of the first in the terminal

With a PAT of 10.45 we were boarding group 6 and were on board about 11.45. Boarding started aroun 11.30.

I took DD swim wear in my hand luggage and she changed in the terminal. Next time I would just let her put it on in the morning but as it was December I wasn't sure if it was going to be warm enough
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi

We had a pat of 1030 and arrived at the port at 0955hrs. You can queue to get in the terminal if you wish and we were advised that the best place was level 2 (I Think) of the car park. It was shady but gave a great view of the ship for some photos. There was no check for my pat so I suggest you get to the port slightly early to try to beat the queue.
Once the terminal opens they direct you in and the magic begins. We went straight to the check in queue that was quite small but moving quickly. We had boarding number 2 so we were immediately after the concierge. There is plenty to do in the terminal, characters for photos and seating areas.
We started boarding at about 1145hrs and it was quick and simple with lots of gawking at the fabntastic ship and how fantastically clean it was (the Dream, this was our first cruise).
Hope you have a great time,
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread