Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Feb 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky Peanut
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
We have stayed at the Riu Tequila 3 times and our friends have booked their 3rd stay there this summer. Great hotel, not directly on the beach but only a 5 minute walk to the sister hotel which you can use which is on the beach. I know quite a few dibbers have stayed there as well.

Are you able to use all the other restaurants at the other hotels?
Chunky Peanut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chunky Peanut View Post
Are you able to use all the other restaurants at the other hotels?
I could be wrong, but I think they are in the middle of renaming the RIU hotels and I think there are going to be changes where some guests can't use certain hotels. I know that's not very helpful - if you look on trip advisor at those hotels they mention it on there. Hope I have the correct ones. We've just booked to go to Mexico in August - I found it hard to decide on a hotel so did look at lots! I've booked the Grand Sirenis in the end as I thought the snorkelling looked fantastic right off the hotel's private beach as it's a protected cove. I also liked some of the facilities on site. It's not as near to Playa as the RIU hotels but there's a local bus that takes you very cheaply!

Hope you get sorted. I think my issue was all the hotels seemed to have something great about them and they were all around the same price, give or take!

Very excited now!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Mexico for a week in June so following this thread with interest 😊

Don't know if you're wanting an AI resort but we wanted non-AI so we can try different restaurants and bars in playa del carmen, so we've booked to stay at a place called Hotel Adventura Mexicana. Of course can't say from experience if t's good but the reviews are great and the pics look lovely... it looks very lush and tropical!

Again can't personally recommend anything as it's before we've been, but things we're thinking of doing (if it helps with inspiration!) are akumal bay to snorkel with turtles, coba ruins, tulum ruins and I think we'll try and visit cenotes too.
So quite an active trip! Don't think I could do too much sitting on holiday after orlando last year 😁 plan to spend the rest of the time exploring beaches of playacar and pdc.
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by paulap View Post
Very hot but that's how we like it. You do get tropical showers and some of them can be prolonged - a bit like Florida really.
Do you know if June is thd same... comparable to Florida summer weather?
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've stayed at the el dorado seaside suites and eldorado royale. We have just booked to stay at The Hideaway which is the adults only part of the Royalton and looks fab!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky Peanut
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think they are in the middle of renaming the RIU hotels and I think there are going to be changes where some guests can't use certain hotels. I know that's not very helpful - if you look on trip advisor at those hotels they mention it on there. Hope I have the correct ones. We've just booked to go to Mexico in August - I found it hard to decide on a hotel so did look at lots! I've booked the Grand Sirenis in the end as I thought the snorkelling looked fantastic right off the hotel's private beach as it's a protected cove. I also liked some of the facilities on site. It's not as near to Playa as the RIU hotels but there's a local bus that takes you very cheaply!

Hope you get sorted. I think my issue was all the hotels seemed to have something great about them and they were all around the same price, give or take!

Very excited now!
Thanks, we've settled on the Grand Palladium Kantenah (for now - free cancellation), only thing i'm not looking forward to is the transfer from Cancun airport, we were spoiled last year as stayed at Moon Palace which is 5 minutes away...
Chunky Peanut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky Peanut
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pegal View Post
Boyfriend and I have just booked our first trip to Mexico for a week in June so following this thread with interest 😊

Don't know if you're wanting an AI resort but we wanted non-AI so we can try different restaurants and bars in playa del carmen, so we've booked to stay at a place called Hotel Adventura Mexicana. Of course can't say from experience if t's good but the reviews are great and the pics look lovely... it looks very lush and tropical!

Again can't personally recommend anything as it's before we've been, but things we're thinking of doing (if it helps with inspiration!) are akumal bay to snorkel with turtles, coba ruins, tulum ruins and I think we'll try and visit cenotes too.
So quite an active trip! Don't think I could do too much sitting on holiday after orlando last year 😁 plan to spend the rest of the time exploring beaches of playacar and pdc.
One trip we did last year which I'd recommend is the swimming with whale sharks, it was amazing.

We did it with these people

tripadvisor/Attrac...a.html#REVIEWS
Old 10 Feb 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

One trip we did last year which I'd recommend is the swimming with whale sharks, it was amazing.

We did it with these people

tripadvisor/Attrac...a.html#REVIEWS
Oh gosh, wow! Where were you based to be able to do this? Cancun? I didn't know they had Whale Sharks around there!
Old 10 Feb 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky Peanut
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah we were in Cancun at Moon Palace. Honestly it was amazing. We all got seasick (i think that was to do with not eating enough before hand) but they were brilliant and i'll never forget seeing them.

photos.google/search/wha...k4DPShwx8WZaZr

The footage doesnt do it justice.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Old 10 Feb 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yeah we were in Cancun at Moon Palace. Honestly it was amazing. We all got seasick (i think that was to do with not eating enough before hand) but they were brilliant and i'll never forget seeing them.

photos.google/search/wha...k4DPShwx8WZaZr

The footage doesnt do it justice.
Hmm just getting a 404!