Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Oct 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Day 10 - Homeward bound.

Index

Previous Day

Thursday 9th June 2016

Well the day had finally arrived, it was time to go home . Our flight wasn’t until 5:15pm and we didn’t plan on leaving for the airport until 2pm as we had already checked in online.

I was awake by 7am, I got up and jumped in the shower straight away. Amy was still lying in bed when I got out, every 5 or so minutes I would hear her complaining “I don’t want to go home”, we both finished our last bits of packing. Neither of us fancied breakfast today, so we ate the last of the goodies we bought in Walmart, this included crisps, peanut butter cups and Oreos. The last day of holiday indulging had started off well, we both missed healthy food and the gym by this point…

Once we had showered and packed, it was only 9:30am so we decided to make the most of the Vegas sunshine and headed to the pool area for a Miami Vice cocktail, we left our phones charging in the room so we had enough battery for the airport/ airplane journey. The time finally came to check out, we got our suitcases and said goodbye to our room for the last time and headed down to reception.

The queue to check out was pretty long, but it was moving fairly quickly. Once we got to the desk the lady asked us if we enjoyed our stay, if we liked the room and so on. We mentioned how we were slightly annoyed, on more than one occasion we had to call up to reconnect to the Wi-Fi, and they had to manually enter our phones IP address to the system just so we could have access. This was because my CC wasn’t accepted (Metro Bank issues, I’ve had numerous issues since I’ve gotten home as well) we hadn’t been able to use our Food and Beverage credit because of this. We also noticed that we didn’t have a spa bath tub, even though our booking was supposed to include one (we hadn’t complained about on our first night as we were both tired and neither of us wanted to move rooms). The lady on reception apologised and the hotel gave us back our resort fees.

This really pleased Amy, as she didn’t want to use her card to pay for her Beats headphones. We left our bags and luggage at the Bell desk and decided to make our way to the Forum shops. I got my mum some gifts from Sephora and Amy picked up her headphones. It was around 12:30pm; we were both pretty hungry so decided to head to the Cheesecake factory for our farewell meal.

We both ordered the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp and OMG this was the best dish ever, I have loved early meal I’ve had at the Cheesecake factory, which makes it even harder to choose from the huge menu.

My very blurry photo which does not do the meal any justice:

Googles much more appealing photo:

Re-using an old photo, but I had to get my favourite cheesecake ever, the Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup fudge ripple. We did share this though as we were so full from our main, but neither of us could resist one last slice.

I don’t remember what we paid for our meals, I think it was around $40.

Once we had paid for our food it was getting close to 2pm, so we made our way to the bell desk and ordered an Uber to take us to the airport.

By the time we got our bags and waited for the Uber, we got to the airport at around 2:25pm. There was a fairly small queue at the bag drop desk but it was moving very slowly, but we dropped our bags and made it through security before 3pm.

Bye Bye Vegas .

Final Thoughts/ Thank You

Thank you to everyone on the Dibb who answered my threads/ questions before our trip, we had such an amazing holiday. Amy was so pleased, she said she finally understood why I researched and booked as much as I did and because of that it made our holiday so great.

Also thank you to everyone who has read this report and commented along the way, this is the first trip report I’ve written so my note taking/ picture taking wasn’t great. But I hope I can improve this on any future reports I write, I’m hoping to do one for my trip to Orlando in 2 weeks, failing that I may do a food report, I love taking pictures of food. Typical Instagrammer .

I love Vegas, for now I have Orlando booked, myself, my boyfriend and some of my family are going. In December I’m going to Paris with my boyfriend, but we are hoping to get back to the states next year at some point, we are also saving to move in together so most of our finances will be going towards that and the trip we’ve planned to New York for Christmas/ NYE 2017. But if our budget allows us, we may get back to Vegas for his birthday.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 04:51 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Thanks for sharing your report, I really enjoyed reading it!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Thanks so much for sharing your trip, what an amazing time you both had! I'm hoping for a return visit to Vegas next year so I will definitely be re-visiting this report to note down some of the great places you have been to eat!

Have an amazing time in Orlando (less than 2 weeks to go!)... excited to read all about it!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great report, such a shame that some selfish muppets ruined your canyon experience tho! .
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Thanks for sharing your report, I really enjoyed reading it!
Thank you for reading , glad you enjoyed!
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your trip, what an amazing time you both had! I'm hoping for a return visit to Vegas next year so I will definitely be re-visiting this report to note down some of the great places you have been to eat!

Have an amazing time in Orlando (less than 2 weeks to go!)... excited to read all about it!
Thank you for reading! It was such a brilliant holiday, Vegas is never a let down! We didn't have one bad meal and there are still plenty of other restaurants we wanted to eat at!

I am SO excited for Orlando, cannot wait! Will definitely be doing some kind of trip report

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
Great report, such a shame that some selfish muppets ruined your canyon experience tho! .
Thanks for reading, they definitely put a downer on the day, some people are so inconsiderate!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Not a bad last day! Cheesecake factory is a good sent off!

Look forward to the next trippy!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Not a bad last day! Cheesecake factory is a good sent off!

Look forward to the next trippy!
Best send off we could think of !

Thank you, I really enjoyed writing this one!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Oct 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Best send off we could think of !

Thank you, I really enjoyed writing this one!
Looking forward to the Orlando photos!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amymiller
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just whizzed through reading your report and i really enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing.

Looks like you had an amazing time. Some delicious looking meals...love the amount you visited the Cheesecake Factory Seems you managed to see all the big sights with enough time for some partying and relaxing.

What happened at the Grand Canyon made me seethe with anger, I cannot believe how inconsiderable the other members of your tour were. On the bright side at least you got to see it in the first place!

Will look forward to your Orlando trippie.
amymiller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amymiller View Post
Just whizzed through reading your report and i really enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing.

Looks like you had an amazing time. Some delicious looking meals...love the amount you visited the Cheesecake Factory Seems you managed to see all the big sights with enough time for some partying and relaxing.

What happened at the Grand Canyon made me seethe with anger, I cannot believe how inconsiderable the other members of your tour were. On the bright side at least you got to see it in the first place!

Will look forward to your Orlando trippie.
Thank you for reading .

We had a brilliant holiday, I love Vegas! We did manage to do a fair bit, shopping, relaxing, sight seeing, shows and parties! A nice good balance of it all!

We were sooo angry, we were quite hungover as well so sitting in a hot room for hours waiting for them did not help the situation. We knew they were going to be an issue with how slow they were when we see them getting off the boat!

Orlando 16 - Food Report