Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Dec 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

Hi Dibbers,

We will be visiting one of the water parks on our 2017 trip but can't decide between TL and BB. We went to TL previously but can't really remember much other than we only lasted half a day as crowds and heat became too much. Are there more shady areas at BB? One of the party with us next year has mobility issues, she can walk for short distances so that may be another factor... what is the wheelchair situation at both parks?
(She can get on the rides ok)? Thanks all for any advice
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 16, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Most water parks carry a fairly low mobility requirement to visit, but a high mobility requirement to use the rides (steps etc) - Disney water parks are better than most due to landscaping rides into the terrain rather than simply using attached staircases.

One thing worthy of mention is that Blizzard Beach has a chairlift you can use to get to the upper half of the park where the big slides are which may prove useful.
Old 27 Dec 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I prefer TL as BB was looking tired in 2015, really needs a decent refurb. TL still has the wave pool which is the biggest draw factor, and they are planning a new flume for 2017 which again is needed as they both lag behind the newer Aquatica and the pending Volcano bay.

TL has a walkway round the main areas, and its quite wide. BB is more steppe from memory.
Old 30 Dec 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Felstead141
VIP Dibber

Felstead141's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When is your trip? Because I think TL is closed till mid March. Don't think you can go wrong with either imo.
Felstead141 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Either is great fun tho we tend to lean towards BB. Your friend may well find the chairlift there helpful.
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Barley-Bobs View Post
Hi Dibbers,

We will be visiting one of the water parks on our 2017 trip but can't decide between TL and BB. We went to TL previously but can't really remember much other than we only lasted half a day as crowds and heat became too much. Are there more shady areas at BB? One of the party with us next year has mobility issues, she can walk for short distances so that may be another factor... what is the wheelchair situation at both parks?
(She can get on the rides ok)? Thanks all for any advice
Really good question. I've been many times, I'm fit and able, and I find the WPs seem to have a lot of awkward stair climbs and a lot of steep up/down walkways, sometimes narrow, also with steps. Plus you have to carry your own raft at times

I don't ever recall seeing wheelchairs or mobility scooters?!?

Aquatica is the worst for shade IMO, but as someone who doesn't sit still for long I can't say I noticed shade at BB or TL much either.

BB chairlift to the top section, but SP then has a stair climb to the ride.

In terms of fun rides, I'd say it's Surf Pool (often called Wave Pool) vs Summit Plummet. Crush 'n' Gusher at TL is often overlooked. It's a water coaster. Also lots of stairs and you carry the rafts up.

Shark Reef is sadly closing at TL.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

TL gets my vote, super relaxing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We love BB! For us it's the best
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

TL for us, we love the wave pool
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Am I to assume that if TL is in refurb till March, it will be the one open in Oct/Nov? We've only been to TL once as it's always been BB open when we've been!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List